Bartow Vid

Carl/Brian,

Looks like the track was in fair condition. Video was a bit herky/jerky, not like your other one's (Did you have a different setting on resolution or something?). Bithlo was closed when I got there (They forgot to call Lea and she was pissed too!).

Don ?

Good job Carl! Im not sure what the story is with my visor, I dont think Im looking directly at the ground ? .

Around noon they prepped the track again, that video was after they groomed it. Before that it was getting rough in a couple spots.

Was bithlo closed from rain?

its pretty simple, even more so than Bithlo. I jumped everything on the second lap. The only tricky thing is the triple out back, very small takeoff, long distance with a small landing which has to be hit suprisingly fast to clear it. Not raggin on the track DonO, but its pretty basic ?

too bad those tracks are so damn far away. sucks driving 2.5 - 3hrs to ride. the trip back is what is bad. i have been to bartow, but didnt ride. i met a guy out there to buy my son his ktm 50. when i was there they had back to back triples up front near the kiddy track. is that the triple in the vid? looked bigger in person. they cut it down? brian, what gear are you jumping it in?

too bad those tracks are so damn far away. sucks driving 2.5 - 3hrs

That's how I feel about Waldo and the rest of the good tracks that are that far away. Its truly a chore to drive 5-6 hours in a day on top of riding for another couple.

pretty sure its 4th, my gearing is pretty tall now though. Without carls nifty editing, you could hear the motor and I would imagine the bike isnt revving to high. I just did it in my mind, pretty sure its 3rd around the big bowl left, then grab fourth all the way to the face. I dont pay much attention to what gear Im in, just as long as the bike is pulling. My damn visor, video would have been much better if you could see out front like on carls part. ?

use these times in the video to get a better look.

40 sec, big, fast left. thats me right in front of Carl

50 sec, triple. I hit it, but its hard to see.

2:00 theres a good look at it, we both doubled.

3:15 I hit it at speed.

If I didn't lower the volume of the mic, all you would've heard is wind. The mic was a little to high on your helmet and it picked up more wind then normal. I guess we have to go back and ride it some more. ?

too bad those tracks are so damn far away. sucks driving 2.5 - 3hrs to ride. the trip back is what is bad. i have been to bartow, but didnt ride. i met a guy out there to buy my son his ktm 50. when i was there they had back to back triples up front near the kiddy track. is that the triple in the vid? looked bigger in person. they cut it down? brian, what gear are you jumping it in?

That part of the track you're talking about is not there anymore (actually it's the intermediate track now). The triple in that video is about the same size as the first of the two old triples (about 75 feet, about 15-20 feet shorter than the old "big" one.) You can jump this one in 4th gear on a 250f pinned (I've only done it once though). To me the hard part is if you bounce the landing at all, that next turn comes up in hurry.

The guys I've talked to on 450s usually do it in 3rd but some say 4th too. I like Bartow but I don't think I'd drive past Waldo, Hard Rock, Riddick etc to go there. I'm with you on the 2 hour drive home after riding!