Sign in to follow this  

Blue Comet MC Hare Scramble 8/19/06

Hats off to the Blue Comet Motorcycle Club for putting on the absolute BEST HARE SCRAMBLE EVER!!!!!

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

In all the years of racing motocross and Hare Scrambles as a kid and now as an adult I have never attended a race that was run with such passion. From the moment I arrived at the track I was greeted and directed by some of the friendliest people I have ever met. The staff of which were in the hundreds it seemed guided me to my parking space and informed me of where everything was, they even gave us a map of the course. There was a band playing music, large paved vendors area, large food stand, a pee wee oval track with hay bales around it, Nice CLEAN shitters, a big tent area for sign up with plenty of tables and chairs, a ton of staff members to direct you where things were, the list seems to go on forever. :thumbsup:

The track was phenomenal, there was everything from tight woods to man made rock and log sections. There was a barn we rode through with sprinklers on the ceiling to cool you down. The three foot deep puddle berm was awesome especially when the crowd went nuts if you went through the deep part and made it. :applause: I have never seen so many spectators lining the entire course cheering for everyone. This was hands down the best spectator track ever. You could get to every part of the track and having a map was great. It felt like my friends were at every corner the whole race. Even if you were tired you just kept pushing because there was always someone cheering you on.

After the main event they had a Dash For Cash.

It basically was a no holds barred one lap winner takes all. :applause: The pot got up to $1,100. :applause: Let me tell you, when they made the announcement for this everyone went to see it. The start was great, two guys slammed into each other and the one guy ate it hard. I don't remember names but I know the guy that won was a AA rider I think it was #24. :applause:

Jason Sipe entered it and fought hard only to come up a bit short in third but he rode great and won his class in the main. :applause: I cant imagine how ruff it must have been for that one lap though. I know if I were riding for 1,100 I would do some pretty dirty riding if it came down to it.

At the end of it all they called everyone up for the awards and announced the winners over a nice sound system that you could hear clearly. Then at the end of each class they took pictures off the class winners together with their trophies or cash for the A guys.

I had to be somewhere right after the race so I didn't get to see what els they had after the races but I am sure with the way they had it going on there was bound to bee more in store for the evening.

It is really funny how a group of people who have never even put on a race before managed to run a better event than people who have done it for 10-20+ years. :ride: The only other events that even compare mildly to this are the AGP events and BMER. I don't like politics and I don't want to piss on anyones shoes but I think there are some people who run things for D6 and State that seriously need to open their eyes maby learn something from this event. If they don't want to listen to the small guys like C and B rides who make up the majority of the riders at these events they are going to start losing racers.

By listening, I mean actually going around and talking to racers and spectators like they did at the Blue comet mc race. Not by saying " hey there is this riders meeting really far away from most people where we are going to discuss things that we have no intention of ever changing, so come on out and wast your time and gas and voice your opinion. :applause:

O.K. enough is enough :applause:

If they run this event next year don't miss it.

Yeah, what he said :ride:

My hat goes off to Blue Comet for putting on one heck of an event. That was such a well thought out event, from parking, to registration and concessions, to the race itself. Everybody working the event was amazing, there is no other way to describe it. Everyone did a fantastic job.

I love riding motorcycles and I especially love racing. But the Blue Comet Club reminded me why I really love the sport, which is the people.

So, thanks Blue Comet for a great event. You guys did a great job :thumbsup:

Hey pat, nice write up man i got a kick outta readin it, the only thing you said wrong was that they never ran a race before, but my dad raced there a few times 20+ years ago, so the club did have some experience, not that it really matters haha. Glad everyone had fun, im wayy bummed now that i was on vacation during it...

alright guys rub it in a little more that i missed a great race b/c of vacation, and the track is at best 15 mins from my house.

alright guys rub it in a little more that i missed a great race b/c of vacation, and the track is at best 15 mins from my house.

Tell me about it. I was gonna go with Pat, but I wasn't allowed to go because my parents were taking my brother to college which was 5 hours away. So they said if I got hurt they wouldn't there for me. The track was only 40 minutes away from me. Pat made the race sound like a GNCC.