Sign in to follow this  

Athena or Millenium 436?

I did a search but the threads were all a couple of years old.

Anyone know what the pricing is doing here and now, and what's been proven about either?

I think Eddie is still using the MT kits, since that's what he sent Neil.

I used the mt on mine a couple of years ago and have had no problems with it at all.

I wouldn't hesitate to use the athena though, they have an excellent reputation as far as I've heard.

I guess it depends on how fast you want to spend!

http://www.lukesracing.com/luksr/drz435je.htm

http://www.lukesracing.com/luksr/drz435.htm

However one has 13:1 and one has 12.5:1 CR. I'll be stuffing RHC cams in there, but since all I get for fuel up here is 91 I should probably go with as low compression as possible. I have all winter to get this sorted...

Any idea what comp you get if you use a 13:1 kit with an ´s´base gasket? Might be the cheapest way of getting a big-bore and use pump gas??

Cheers

Peter

I installed the athena a month or 2 ago now and it had everything in the kit. With a shop manual I did my first engine rebuild and had no problems. Nothing wrong with the athena.

Any idea what comp you get if you use a 13:1 kit with an ´s´base gasket? Might be the cheapest way of getting a big-bore and use pump gas??

Cheers

Peter

Very interested in this as well. Also, Eddie, why with RHC cams could you run more compression.

For example 13:1 440bore, rhc cams, at sea level with fcr 39 and 91 octane. E or S base gasket?

Safe or :thumbsup: ?

Very interested in this as well. Also, Eddie, why with RHC cams could you run more compression.

For example 13:1 440bore, rhc cams, at sea level with fcr 39 and 91 octane. E or S base gasket?

Safe or :thumbsup: ?

the RHC cams have alot more duration.you can get away with more compression becuase the valves are open longer.