Sign in to follow this  

What brand of tires for a utility quad?

I need to buy my old man a new set of tires for his 1997 Honda Foreman 400 4x4 quad. He still has the original Goodyears on there now. I'd describe them as a tractor style, very simple tread that cleans out well and does good in mud. He'll probably want something similar. I'm going to price out goodyears tomorrow, any other good brands? Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Maxxis, ITP, and Kenda make good utility quad tires. what type of riding does he do. is it for work on the farm, mud riding, trail riding?

right now id recomend the:

ITP 589s

Maxxis Mudbugs (or GBC Gators, same tire knocked off by a different company)

Kenda Bear Klaws

all in 25" tires sizes, or for more serious mud trails (and slower overall performance) 26".

I can tell you the Maxxis Mudbugs are very good because i have some in size 28" on my 750 utility quad.

and you can get good prices on atv tires at rockymountainatv.com

He'll mostly use it for trail riding (not fast) and for putzing around his friend's farm which has some steep hills made of clay that can be slick.

Your Foreman is a pure utility quad, so it needs all the ride improvement it can get, and the right tires can really help!

ITP Holeshot ATR radials, on some ITP C-series rims, turned my Rancher into a whole different (better) machine! Improved ride and handling dramatically. But, if you ride a lot of mud, maybe ITP Mudlites????