Sign in to follow this  

new valves

where is the best place to get new valves for a 06 250sx-f? i found them on one site for 119a piece. I think someone has to have them at a better price. some one help me out.

Karl

As far as Titanium goes that price is very in the ball park. The market is not large enough for the aftermarket to jump in yet, when they can sell a few hundred a year I expect my supplier will jump in but I doubt that they can get under $110??

As for Stainless Steel conversions like we do on the 450's, that is fine for a 450 that spins up to around 10,800 I beleive is the rev limiter setting on the 450SX, that 250 spins 13000 RPM! And that is only going to happen with TI!!

Why is it your having to put new valves in you got some serious hours on it? Or did it grenade or something?

The top ends on these bikes last like real four strokes should last and make more horsepower stock than the opposition.

As far as Titanium goes that price is very in the ball park. The market is not large enough for the aftermarket to jump in yet, when they can sell a few hundred a year I expect my supplier will jump in but I doubt that they can get under $110??

As for Stainless Steel conversions like we do on the 450's, that is fine for a 450 that spins up to around 10,800 I beleive is the rev limiter setting on the 450SX, that 250 spins 13000 RPM! And that is only going to happen with TI!!

I really don't buy into this argument. The CRF250s have stainless exhaust valves, which move just as fast as the intakes. They just last a lot longer.

Not really for my bike. The problem was the timing slipped and bang go the valves.

Sucks, oh well... :thumbsup: