What are the off roader's favorite chest protector?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My concern is that I may order from the internet and without seeing them some may be huge. Some look larger than others. I had a VEGA chest protector and it was small and comfortable not too large. It covered the areas that I wanted covered without inhibiting my range of motion. I am short so I don’t want one that comes all the way down to my waist.

I've been using the standard Fox airframe/roost protector for eight years now, and have no complaints. They now offer their chest protectors in a couple different size ranges, which is nice. Mine was bought before that was an option. Being 6'0", it fits me perfectly and comfortably, and I have several friends with the same protector that are about 5'8" or 5'9", and they work well for their size also. And in the eight years of abuse it's taken, mine (red&grey) has no fading, no breakage, no worn out straps, etc. And I've crash tested it at speed more times than I care to remember....

the thor sentinal looks nice and comfy

HELL YA, i got a silver and white one, i love them, moto i wear no back plate, off road i wear a back plate, only problem with mine, is the silver one(got it right when they came out) got a small crack in it on the chest from when i crashed hard and landed on my side, no room for it to flex or move in that crash so it cracked, i just wired it and it works great still, super comfy, doesn't rub the chest or anything! I love thor!!! Try one, u'll love it!!

tree basher

Put band-aids over your nipples before you ride. Do it at home and not at the track for obvious reasons. And, try not to take off your shirt.

I have a fox protector and I like it. I did buy the medium so that it does fit snug and will not move around. This also help with move-ability.

tree basher

Put band-aids over your nipples before you ride. Do it at home and not at the track for obvious reasons. And, try not to take off your shirt.

I have a fox protector and I like it. I did buy the medium so that it does fit snug and will not move around. This also help with move-ability.

U kno this guys either doesn't have a hairy chest or gets it waxed, lol.

I have tried a few on at the stores by thor, sixsixone, shift, fox and I am quite worried. They just dont fit like that VEGA one. I know the VEGA one is cheaper and probably of lesser quality, but my last one lasted three years before it ripped. The fit is wonderfull and does not get in the way at all.

I am almost thinking about getting same one again.