Sign in to follow this  

stock susp

picked up my new 250F this weekend, killer deal with a PC motor for $4600

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL731...7/179777601.jpg

Question is, went to the track this weekend. My last bike four years ago, YZ250F had a PC susp on it and what a difference. This one is a stock susp and very stiff. Will it eventually break in? I don't have the funds right now to get a different one. I weigh 210lbs, what is the formula for rebound again or setting it? I'll do a search later when I have more time.

First time on a track too, at 36 yrs old it kicked my ass. I am so sore and had the worst arm pump out there. It's got to get better, man to be young again LOL

Here is a pick of my girlfriends new bike to learn on, she'll be moving on soon. she did awesome the other day and in no time i can see her tired of the low power and ruff susp

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL731...7/179777617.jpg

weird pics are not working here, there is some in the pic forum

hey man u said u had bad arm pump, the best way to get rid of it is drink 1 beer then eat 1 banana, i found this out from my buddy and tried it myself it works like a charm. o and good luck wiht oyur new toy!

beer and banana huh, what about a banana Daiquiri for the Florida heat? LOL

hey man u said u had bad arm pump, the best way to get rid of it is drink 1 beer then eat 1 banana, i found this out from my buddy and tried it myself it works like a charm. o and good luck wiht oyur new toy!

hahaha, might have to try that one

I can't imagine a stock 06 suspension being stiff for a 210lb person..

are you sure it wasn't setup also..

Either way good luck.. Have that suspension redone asap before it hurts you..

anyone on the east coast know of a good suspension shop in the north east. id rather not send them out if i dont have to.

One other thing that helped get rid of my arm pump was rotating my bars forward about 20 degrees. I think that helps taller riders by pulling your upper body and shoulders into a more over the bars position which prevents that leaning back arm strain feeling when standing on the pegs?? Not sure but i know it worked for me and kept my shoulders over the bars more for better control and less arm strain.

good idea rsurance. we adjusted the sag the other day. Rode last night at croom, maybe it was my first time riding again at the track a few weeks back. Just not use to riding again, felt alot more comfortable last night.

Since your in Florida, send it to WMR Competition. UPS is always next day if your in FL and they do awesome work. You definitely need heavier springs and a possibly a re-valve. They have a great motocross only race shop you should check it out even if you don't do the suspension. www.wmr1.com