Sign in to follow this  

lifan type R head

hi thinking of buy a 138 lifan motor it says that it has a type r head on it

do lifan make two types of the monster head

this motor is selling for $500 australian comes with a oil cooler 4up tranny ,start in any gear,crome cases, sounds like a good deal

has any one seen these motors are they any good

Yes there are at least two different versions of the big valve "R" head ! I have one that's stamped R5 and another one stamped X3 that are about the same and also a newer version that is an externally different casting and is smaller and rougher around the valve guides inside the ports .

The ebay seller you are talking about used to sell a super 120 ( Lifan monster motor) and now he also sells a "125" super motor as well as the 138 with oil cooler ! I have a super 120 (Lifan monster) and just bought a super "125" off him as well . One has 120 cast on the cylinder and the other has 124 . I noticed that the ports were cast rougher and smaller on the newer "125" engine so I pulled the head off to check that it had big valves which it did , but when I checked the bore x stroke , I found that it was 52.4 x 55.5 making it only a 119.73 cc engine and NOT a 124 ! I emailed the seller and he has now changed his listings to super 120 again and says he is looking into it with his supplier .

The "138's" are actually supposed to be only about 133 cc according to one seller , so they'd have a bore and stroke of 56 mm x 54 mm . The only other combo's are :- 140 cc = (56 x 57) - 136.75 cc (you'd think most likely ) = (56 x 55.5) - 130.6 cc = (54 x 57) - 127.17 cc = (54 x 55.5) . According to DRATV , you need to use an iron barrel with the bottom sleeve bored right off to get a 58 mm piston in so they wouldn't have that sized bore with an alloy barrel . The problem is that none of the Aussie sellers seem to know what the bore and stroke of the 138's actually are ! We don't have 57 stroke engines over here as far as I know , only 49.5 , 54 and 55.5 !

Since the "138's" would be very close to being a slightly oversquare bore and stroke , they'd have a good combo of torque and revs .

Yes there are at least two different versions of the big valve "R" head ! I have one that's stamped R5 and another one stamped X3 that are about the same and also a newer version that is an externally different casting and is smaller and rougher around the valve guides inside the ports .

The ebay seller you are talking about used to sell a super 120 ( Lifan monster motor) and now he also sells a "125" super motor as well as the 138 with oil cooler ! I have a super 120 (Lifan monster) and just bought a super "125" off him as well . One has 120 cast on the cylinder and the other has 124 . I noticed that the ports were cast rougher and smaller on the newer "125" engine so I pulled the head off to check that it had big valves which it did , but when I checked the bore x stroke , I found that it was 52.4 x 55.5 making it only a 119.73 cc engine and NOT a 124 ! I emailed the seller and he has now changed his listings to super 120 again and says he is looking into it with his supplier .

The "138's" are actually supposed to be only about 133 cc according to one seller , so they'd have a bore and stroke of 56 mm x 54 mm . The only other combo's are :- 140 cc = (56 x 57) - 136.75 cc (you'd think most likely ) = (56 x 55.5) - 130.6 cc = (54 x 57) - 127.17 cc = (54 x 55.5) . According to DRATV , you need to use an iron barrel with the bottom sleeve bored right off to get a 58 mm piston in so they wouldn't have that sized bore with an alloy barrel . The problem is that none of the Aussie sellers seem to know what the bore and stroke of the 138's actually are ! We don't have 57 stroke engines over here as far as I know , only 49.5 , 54 and 55.5 !

Since the "138's" would be very close to being a slightly oversquare bore and stroke , they'd have a good combo of torque and revs .

Now that is impressive

cool hoo was that seller that said they are c;oser to 133cc

The guy who told me about the 133 or 134 capacity , sold dirtbikes and bits online , and has since disappeared , and is "mysteriously" no longer a registered user . Only 2 feedbacks can be found so far for the heap of 138 kick in gear , oil cooler equipped bikes that he "appeared" to have sold !!!!!!

I've found new info on bore sizes of the 138's that yet another seller has listed (the second seller of 138 bikes) . I actually bid on and won one of his crank clutch , 138 cc bikes tonight . The kick in gear 138 engines with oil coolers have been selling for up to $595 . I bought a complete bike for $752 !

This guy is selling 138 cylinders and he says the bore size is 57 mm . 57 mm bore x 54 mm stroke = 137.85 cc . 57 x 55.5 = 141.68 cc so his engines must have a 54 mm stroke .

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-Lifan-138cc-Replacement-Cylinder-Big-57mm-bore_W0QQitemZ230022015093QQihZ013QQcategoryZ29705QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem