Sign in to follow this  

Vapor Lock?

Does anyone else have a problem restarting their bikes after a fall or crash?I have seen the pro"s kicking their brains out trying to restart too so it is'nt just me,We have lost more then one race this year to a hot bike not restarting,I have been told it is a vapor lock issue,Would wrapping the pipe help and heat shielding the tank work?Or is there a fuel that works better then u4?

its always going to be hard to start after a crash. most likely because you were on the gas when you fell so when the engine cuts out with all the fuel in it it will be a bitch to start.wrapping the head pipe, gas tank, and using heat shields for the carb and airbox will help a little bit in keeping everything cool but the best way to fix this is hold the hot start from when you get back on the bike to when it starts and give it full(tdc) slow kicks. dont kick it like a two stroke it will just wear you out and get you nowhere.

hope this helps, it worked for me.

rally on.

its a 4 stroke...ur gunna get used to it not starting sometimes when its real hot...vapor locking is when there in no ventilation in ur gas tank so it causes the gas to stop flowing...wrapping an exhaust wont do anything to help air flow in ur tank

Huh ?? Vapor locking is caused by the fuel getting warm and vaporizing in the fuel line, and has nothing to do with the fuel tank being vented.....

I've seen the X-treme Team Green bikes ridden by Stroupe, Lemoine and others and they have thermal barrier stuff all under the gas tanks, wrapped around the fuel lines, etc. Vapor locking can be an issue, just depends on the time of year and temps in your region....

Cooper Webb lost a 65cc title at lorettas last year because he had a cap on the end of his gas line and his gas tank vapor locked, I would take the cap off you gas line if you have one on there.

Huh ?? Vapor locking is caused by the fuel getting warm and vaporizing in the fuel line, and has nothing to do with the fuel tank being vented.....

I've seen the X-treme Team Green bikes ridden by Stroupe, Lemoine and others and they have thermal barrier stuff all under the gas tanks, wrapped around the fuel lines, etc. Vapor locking can be an issue, just depends on the time of year and temps in your region....

o well, ppl on here always keep using that term for when when it stops venting..i figured thats what it was