Steering Stabilizer

I am looking at installing a Scotts Steering Stabilizer on my 2006 RM250. Has anyone else done this on their 06 rm250 with the Renthal Fat Bar? If so, did you have to do any modifications to get it to fit/work?

Just looking for issues or how easy it is install on an 06 with the fat bar.

I had a nasty headshake crash Saturday night while racing MX and rang my bell.

Thanks for any help.

No, but I had one on my yz450. Since we have the renthal fatbars without the cross bar we will not need new bars, just the frame/steering mount, stabolizer mount, stabolizer and the piece that comes with it that connects the stabolizer to the frame mount. If you get the bolt on, you might have to gring the welds flat for the steering/frame mount, otherwise it will come loose on you. Just get the scotts stabolizer/triple clamp kit minus the bars. I think the triple clamp is optional. Get the weld on mount if you can weld or know someone who does. It will be safer and will stay put.

since renner actually covered what you asked for, I will just add that I put the scotts on my WR450, didnt really notice too much. Rode my RM(03,250) and it felt out of control. Im looking to get one for it now. good choice, too bad its 1 crash too late!

John in Vegas

When I first got my new RM it seemed very nervous at speed. I dropped the forks down as far as possible in the clamps and set the sag at a 104 mm. It made it much more stable. Make sure all that is correct before you throw down all the money on a stabilizer.

When I first got my new RM it seemed very nervous at speed. I dropped the forks down as far as possible in the clamps and set the sag at a 104 mm. It made it much more stable. Make sure all that is correct before you throw down all the money on a stabilizer.

I'm going to try this. The forks are still like they came.

I just don't want to have to worry about headshake.

Thanks!

I have a Scotts on my 06. Buy the weld on post. No problems mounting. IT WILL HELP WITH THE SHAKE.

When you say "help", do you mean eliminate?? Where do you ride your bike? I'm just about 100% MX.

Thanks for your input!

• 2 weeks later...

I run a Scotts on my '05 RM250 with a weld on post and I already had the fat bars. It only takes a couple of small welds and your good to go. And a bit of a spray with an aerosol to stop the welds rusting. I didn't think there was room to run a bolt on clamp with the amount of welding around the steering head. My KTM has a bolt on clamp but I didn't think it was possible with the Zook. This bike is great in the woods, MX, a great do it all bike.

Does it ever come loose? Is it easy to maintain? Which one did you buy? Their website does not list any for 2006 RM250.

Thanks for your input.

never had it come loose. I have had it on 8 in the desert and never budged. Called gpr for a mount allready had it on my 05 kx.