Sign in to follow this  

Valley Center

New to the Valley Center area and want to know where to ride. I heard there's some good trail up Palomar Mtn, but interested to know if there are any other good spots in the area. Anybody know if the cops in the area are cool or not? My WR is totally street legal, but you know how that goes. :thumbsup:

Legaly you can only ride in a couple of areas .One is out buy lake morino called corral canyon,wich is nothing but fire roads , your other option is ocatilo wells. :thumbsup:

Please don't ride anywhere illegal, it will hurt us all in the long run.

But, if you are "dualsport" then, the trip up Palomar mountain is great!

I really can't think of anywhere else to trail ride in the county. But, if you don't mind tracks, there are many within an hour of VC. Amago would be closest to you.

the Palomar Mtn (I believe it's called the main divide?) is dual sport? I thought you could green sticker that...?

Nope, not anymore. To do the whole thing you must have a street licensed vehicle. At least from the North side anyway. :thumbsup:

Theres actually some good riding off of Deer Springs Road. Your probably not too far from there. Getting in from the road by the AM/PM can be a little hairy, especially by yourself, but there are quite a few other ways in.

out buy lake morino called corral canyon,wich is nothing but fire roads , your other option is ocatilo wells.
"Nothing but fire roads"??? What are you talking about? There is some gnarly single track out there (at least pre-fire). It's apparently closed right now, fire danger.

I road out there with my son about three weeks ago(Corral Canyon),you can leave from pine valley exit (I believe it is) off ramp and ride about ten miles of fire road. When we showed up to ride a ranger was there and it is true about 70% is closed due to a fire that came through, also you must have a wilderness pass .Please as was mentioned early in this thread ride were legal only.Last weekend we went to Ocatillo wells (green sticker only this time of year) got there at 6am, road until 10am ,It was 88 degrees when we got there 102 when we left, but only 1 hour from home in Ramona. :thumbsup:

"Nothing but fire roads"??? What are you talking about? There is some gnarly single track out there (at least pre-fire). It's apparently closed right now, fire danger.

yup closed

Please as was mentioned early in this thread ride were legal only.
Corral Canyon/Lake Morena where there is some gnarly single track (albeit heavily abused) IS legal. It just so happens that it's closed right now, temporarily.

Maybe since so much of it burned they will, over the next bunch of years, decide to create some trails in the S-W section, that area had no trails, it was really thick with brush and trees over there.

dude relax dont get your panties in a bunch no one said it wasnt legal all we said was that it closed due to fires. the only part open is a small mile loop.

Okay, enough about corral canyon we know it's closed but what about some other areas to ride that is not built up with new houses?