Sign in to follow this  

The Newbie Gets a Bike!

Guess I'm officially part of the club. I have been lurking and reading and researching and watching video and doing just about everything I could to get myself ready for ownership. The final thing I had to do...

CRF250R.jpg

buy a bike! I actually got it off eBay for a pretty good price (or so I think). I'm sure I'll have PLENTY of questions in the future and I thank you for your help in advance :thumbsup:

Anyway...see ya'll in the dirt! :ride:

nice find.....what year is it? looks like it has duals.......

Yes, it's an 05 and does not have duels. I believe they started that in 06. Anyway, does $3000 sound about right for this bike.

It has * Wiseco piston

* Wiseco valves

* New plastic kit

* Decal works graphics

* Renthal bars

* Revalved suspension that is set up for a rider that is 140-160lbs

Only damage is a dent in the exhaust that will not affect performance. Also came with a brand new Maxis tire, stock springs and stock plastics.

Only damage is a dent in the exhaust that will not affect performance. Also came with a brand new Maxis tire, stock springs and stock plastics.

Why does everyone believe that "it's only a dent in the exhaust but no worries it doesnt affect the performance." Now ask your self this, Do you really believe that it has no adverse affect on performance? Not trying to rag on ya but it does effect performance one way or another.

Why does everyone believe that "it's only a dent in the exhaust but no worries it doesnt affect the performance." Now ask your self this, Do you really believe that it has no adverse affect on performance? Not trying to rag on ya but it does effect performance one way or another.

little dents dont hurt the performance. in fact, some dents even benefit you

I have never heard a performance enhancing DENT? :thumbsup:

DENT AWAY :ride:

really?

certain dents change the way the air flows giving you more, or less, power

humm , i guess ill leave the dent in my yosh, i knew my 07 head didnt give me that power!

humm , i guess ill leave the dent in my yosh, i knew my 07 head didnt give me that power!

:thumbsup: did you put the Pump-x in yuor gas yet? if you did, that is diffinitely where your power came from

For what it's worth...here is a pic of the dent:

Dent-1.jpg

I don't think it will affect performance but really don't have a 'before' to compare it to. Oh well, doesn't really bother me. Give me a month and there will probably more damage than that on the bike :thumbsup:

For what it's worth...here is a pic of the dent:

Dent-1.jpg

I don't think it will affect performance but really don't have a 'before' to compare it to. Oh well, doesn't really bother me. Give me a month and there will probably more damage than that on the bike :thumbsup:

that dent is just a cap, no performance call

:applause: did you put the Pump-x in yuor gas yet? if you did, that is diffinitely where your power came from

nope

i started it up with ultra 94 in it, and it smells like serious race gas, but it was only 94, i was like "woah im a racer" then i went to fast on a rock section in these trails and gashed a 2 inch hole in an almost new dunlop 756, so now i need a new tire :thumbsup::ride::applause::applause::applause: