Sign in to follow this  

Favorite Camping Spots

What are some of your guys favorite NON-motorcycle camping/RV places? Maybe by the ocean or a lake or on the sound? Need some ideas for a young family with two small girls.

Thanks guys!

What are some of your guys favorite NON-motorcycle camping/RV places? Maybe by the ocean or a lake or on the sound? Need some ideas for a young family with two small girls.

Thanks guys!

Man, that really limits us...let me see, there's some spots along the coast of OR near Rockaway Beach...oh yeah! there's a great campground\RV resort at Lake Paulina or East Lake by the Newberry Crater east of Bend. There's the headwaters of the Metolius River on the east side of the Cascades, Detroit Lake has some out-of-the-way cool spots...BUT my favorite spot is the RV lot at Wild Waves (we have small girls too!).

There are a lot of camp ground down by Ocean Shores. Plenty of activities for families with children. Some have swimming pools, just need to see what they have available for your needs. Sometimes you can camp for free - IF you want to listen to a sales pitch about why you should buy into their camp ground.

http://www.pacific101.com/washington/washington.htm

Look under "Destinations" and take your pick. Gives you a lot of information on the different parks in the that area.

i like the naches area whether i am riding or not... if you want around the ocean i really dont know... always stayed in hotels...

Salmon La Sac....car camping at it's best.

Just past the ranger station, I veer left up the gravel road and head north on it for about 5-7 miles. After that, you'll find a bunch of good sites next to the Salmon La Sac river (really a creek this time of the year.) Most sites have a good beach to splash around in the river. A lot of folks work on building small dams for wading areas. Lots of exploration opportunities as well.

This is a rough camping area meaning dig your hole for the bathroom, bring water, etc... but my kids have a blast all the time and very quiet at night.

Head to Roslyn and stay on hwy towards Cle Elum lake, Ronald, etc...the road ends at a camp ground (you've gone too far.)

And lots of grouse come Sept.1!!!

mx813

A lot depends on what kind of rig your taking.

Tent, trailer, motorhome or ....?

One of my all time favorites is Kalaloch, along the Washington coast, in the Olympic National Park. In the summer, you'll be hurting without reservations though. We enjoy it in the offseason, less people and no reservations system to deal with. Personally, I like it much better than Ocean Shores, because it is quite scenic. Level campground so the little kids can ride their bicycles and the beach is always very close.

We just stayed at Nason Creek CG. its at the South entrance to Lake Wennatchee state park.

I brought our 35' class A and our 15' Race trailer without a problem.

Creek to float right next to CG plus the State park is an easy bike ride or walk. and has a swimming area, Kyaks to rent, river float trips....

Cant go wrong with this one, We pulled in on Thursday and got a great spot.

This is a first come first served National CG.

Lots of room for big RVs.

It was really tuff being there with the TT ride happening just a few miles away. All we brought in the trailer was Bicycles, tubes and rafts :thumbsup:

Gifford Pinchot NF - Council Lake is nice and if you have a vehicle that you can leave the camp ground with, the forest has a ton of cool points of interest, lakes, hikes, etc... And if you get a chance to come back with the bike you'll like that too :thumbsup: Right after you get into the forest on the North Side and take the Cispus Learning center road, there is an RV Park called "Tower Rock RV Park" this place is really nice, very secluded, beautiful RV Sites, deer runnming around every where, really nice :ride:

Alright! Some great ideas guys. We have an older 11' truck mounted camper. We want to stay on this side of the mountains as the wife doesn't like the heat much. We are leaning towards the coast, but somewhere around Puget Sound may work as well (especially with fuel prices!)

We actually went to Kalaloch then to the Hoh Rain Forest last summer. That was a fun trip. Anyone been to any of the RV places down around Long Beach or Westport?

Thanks,

Tristan

If you want to venture farther down into Oregon, try the Cape Kiwanda RV park in Pacific City. They have RV sites, tent camping and even these little camping cabins that come with a small fridge and TV. The park is across a two lane road from the ocean. It has an indoor swimming pool and jacuzzi to keep the kids entertained.

Thanks everyone for your input. We have decided on going down to Cape Disappointment (used to be Fort Canby) down south of Ilwaco. Looks like a nice park. :thumbsup: