Sign in to follow this  

What the heck happened to my rear tire?

I noticed my rear tire was flat! I filled it with air and five days later it's still full of air! What made the tire go flat? :thumbsup:

the weather or air affects it or somthin...i dont know exactly.... it happens to me all the time..id put 12 pis in it and 5 minutes later there will be 25 psi in it then itll go back down to 0 psi...

I think its every 10 degree temp change will change it 1 psi. So if its 80 degress out and you fill it up to 12psi, then leave it outside and at night its 50, the tire would now read 9 psi. Or vice versa.

Well ya fill your tire with cold air at night or early morning then it heats up during the day

(the black tire will get very hot in the sun) and ya get alot more preasure.

I think you also can knock air out of the valve stem if you bottom you bike hard a few time

mine does this sometimes

The weird part about it is my bike is just sitting in the garage, ( I don't ride in the summer cause my head catches on fire with a helmet on with temps outside 95 - 103,) and I buzz it up and down the street every 2 weeks to keep the engine and trans oiled!

The weird part about it is my bike is just sitting in the garage, ( I don't ride in the summer cause my head catches on fire with a helmet on with temps outside 95 - 103,) and I buzz it up and down the street every 2 weeks to keep the engine and trans oiled!

A hundred DEGREES

I know what ya mean

Im in San Antonio and ride at Cycle Ranch in the 100 degree temps too

If ya like to ride ya just got to put up with it

Dont be scared!!!

I dont get the tire deal either BUT I just air it up and go

Put slime in your tires then no flats too

could be the fact that it was pinchec and then when you rode it it "un"-pinched it letting it leak

could be the fact that it was pinchec and then when you rode it it "un"-pinched it letting it leak

Or maybe he has real thin air that can leak thru the rubber molecules

LOL

If you're still running Winter air in the Summer that happens all the time. Sometimes I'll run Spring air into the first month of Summer, but after that you are risking way too much.

If you're still running Winter air in the Summer that happens all the time. Sometimes I'll run Spring air into the first month of Summer, but after that you are risking way too much.

It slipped my mind!

I forgot about tire air rotation

If you still have fall air in the summer it is a BIG mistake :thumbsup:

I'm going out on a limb here...........maybe you have a hole?

I could be wrong though.

I'm going out on a limb here...........maybe you have a hole?

I could be wrong though.

Did you read this tread from the begining?????

I think its every 10 degree temp change will change it 1 psi. So if its 80 degress out and you fill it up to 12psi, then leave it outside and at night its 50, the tire would now read 9 psi. Or vice versa.

WOW had no idea that is what happens...

thanks for info!

no I started out at the end.

Is that possible? So were you done before you even got started?

Every bike has its place , its vortex..The ambient temperature outside of its realm,can only be what it is.The rubber of your tire , holds in that temeprature creating a vaccum.The path of least resistance can be the valve stem, a pinch..Or quite simply the pores in the rubber.As the the internal and external temperature within the vortex assimilate. it can be only said that you got yourself a handful of sheepshit , my friend..!!