Sign in to follow this  

ktm 250 street legal

hey im from ct and around here not many bikes are made to be street legal. i know ktms are street legal in ct with minimal work. ive been riding 04 and 05 kx250s recently and i love the 2 stroke 250 power. for road riding ive been using my brothers drz400s. and its a great bike in the woods with dirt tires and on the road with road tires. if i had a different sprocket for highway and for dirt/ back roads, and two sets of wheels, one for road, one for dirt, would the ktm250exc be good? i would carry a couple of those ready mix oil bottles that people ues for chainsaws and tractors, etc filled with my favorite premix so it wouldnt be that much of a hastle to go to the gas station and pump up. i just think it would be cool having a street legal 2 smoker, plus i know i love the power of the kx250. thanks

yea i mean short trips as going to work thats 20 minutes away or going out to the store that 15 minutes away. i will bring it up to college in vermont so i might ride it back to ct once or twice which is a 4.5 hour ride but that would be the maximum and rare

4.5 hours on pavement on a 250exc? That is funny. better tie down your fillings cause they may rattle out of your mouth. I could see short trips like you mentioned, but a long trip like that would be brutal. Good luck though, post pics.

Well I plan on dual sporting my KTM to some extent. Most of it will be from hotel to trail head or down the gravel offroads or around small towns near the trails. This way no locals mess with you. But I doubt it is a long hauler by anymeans.

I drove a sx250 chainsaw the other day. It rattled so much i didnt even sit down or else my eggs would get scrambled. Definetly not a road vehicle.

Man! I can't even imagine riding a 250 two stroke on pavement for 4-5 hours!