Sign in to follow this  

left hand throtle neded

My best friend and riding buddy recently had a stroke and has some right hand control problems. Does any one out there know of a suplier for left hand throtles for bikes and quads? thanks everyone

Mert Lawill, former GNC National #1, of Lawill Concepts makes just what you are looking for. www.mertlawill.com It may not be shown on his web site, but e-mail or call him and discuss it. I know a young man that races that doesn't have a right hand. He was born with a right arm that stops 3 or 4 inches past his elbow. Mert Lawill made him a prosthetic arm to grip the right handle bar. It "breaks away" in case of a crash, yet holds firmly onto the bars. For the left side, (what you're looking for) the throttle, clutch and front brake lever are all built into one unit. Get ahold of Mert, he will fix your friend right up.

My best friend and riding buddy recently had a stroke and has some right hand control problems. Does any one out there know of a suplier for left hand throtles for bikes and quads? thanks everyone

I had the exact same thing happen to me - I had a stroke and my right hand was completely paralysed (wouldn't even flinch) and the rest of my right side was partially paralyzed (couldn't walk for a while). After a time, I regained movement in my right hand and now have decent thottle control (although I still have a tough time stuffing paper money into my wallet).

I was thinking the same thing during the first few months after it happened - can I get a left side throttle? etc. etc. Tell your buddy things will improve substantially with time (months to years).

wow i wish your buddy the best. but couldnt you install a thumb throttle on the right side? or could you just put the throttle on the left?

if he cant twist a throttle on the right side how is he planning on holding on with that hand?... just wondering

White928,

Your riding buddy is damn lucky to have a friend like you who will stick with him through his problems and help him get back out riding. I wish both of you the best of luck and many, many great riding days!

Cheers,

Mac