Sign in to follow this  

Gaerne SG10 boot sizing? Also, 06 w/silver wearing off?

Hey guys,

I was planning on ordering some 06 SG10's but was unsure how their sizing goes. There is no dealer here that carries them so I'm not too sure what to get. I wore size 10 fox boots and got size 10 alpinestars and they fit well. So I'm assuming to go with size 10 SG10's unless gaerne's run a little small or somthing?

Also, I have heard about the silver tongue wearing off and looking bad. Is this true, or just a bad first batch? I know that mx isnt a beauty contest. But if you're spending $350 on boots you dont want them to look like crap after a few rides.

Thanks.

My SG10s were a bit smaller than my Alpinstars Tech 4s, not by much, though.

Thanks, do you have the 06 sg10's? If so is the silver wearing off?

I have an unorthodox approach. Sincew mosy boots get free shipping, I order both sizes Im considering - say a 9 amd a 10. When they arrive, I try both out and decide which I think fits best. Then I return the other. I have to pay 6-8$ shipping but to me its worth it to be sure I have the right boot.

I have a new pair of the SG10's. Sizing was similiar to the A-star Tech 6's I had prior.

As for the boot itself. I've only ridden with them twice now, on 300 mile ride and then a 500+ this weekend and the silver on the tounge hasn't started wearing yet. Also, no doubt in my mind that these are the best boots you can buy. They saved my ankle from being hurt pretty bad this trip and I know that if I was in my old Tech 6's I wouldn't be walking right now.

I have a new pair of the SG10's. Sizing was similiar to the A-star Tech 6's I had prior.

As for the boot itself. I've only ridden with them twice now, on 300 mile ride and then a 500+ this weekend and the silver on the tounge hasn't started wearing yet. Also, no doubt in my mind that these are the best boots you can buy. They saved my ankle from being hurt pretty bad this trip and I know that if I was in my old Tech 6's I wouldn't be walking right now.

Thanks, I'm going to order a pair up today!

i bought some '06 SG 10's this year and put them through about 3000 km's of dirt roads so far, the silver hasnt worn off yet

Hey guys,

I was planning on ordering some 06 SG10's but was unsure how their sizing goes. There is no dealer here that carries them so I'm not too sure what to get. I wore size 10 fox boots and got size 10 alpinestars and they fit well. So I'm assuming to go with size 10 SG10's unless gaerne's run a little small or somthing?

Also, I have heard about the silver tongue wearing off and looking bad. Is this true, or just a bad first batch? I know that mx isnt a beauty contest. But if you're spending $350 on boots you dont want them to look like crap after a few rides.

Thanks.

hey just wonderin if you found anything out about these boots and the silver.I have 4 rides on these and went to wash them and the silver is starting to peel off,one more wash and my boots will be white and furry brown.