250 xc-f w jetting

hey stewwie.....I mean Stevie.......it's me and I've been stewing in my garage for an hour now and this is what I came up with:

Eric delivered the bike to me with the following:

45p

1 3/4 fs

needle in the 5th (remember that the f has a richer needle already)

168m

it ran ok, but had some decel poping and stuttering, would not start easily when hot.

I put the jd kit in last night and it feels much better

red #5

42p (may go back to 40, or turn fs in more)

185m

2 out fs

#60 leak jet

fat oring on pump linkage

I'll give her a good ride tomorrow and let you know. I have an extra red needle if you want to try it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty wild mainjet, eh, He knows his stuff. Mine still starts a little hard when real hot which means too much fuel but it won't run w/smaller pilot. Probably fuel screw adjustment. If i just crack throttle starts right up hot, but fights a bit w/closed throttle. Interested to see how your's stews. HA! I blasted my ribs big time last week, so I'm riding like a wimp lately, well, normal. Ridin in the back till I can breath normally again.

I moved the needle up one and set the fuel screw at 1.75 and it cured the pop and lag. It seems close but still not quite there. I ordered the JD kit but I want to ride today. Like I said before, this thing pulls hard and it only has 20 minutes on it.

Hi !

250 exec-f sixdays carbsetting:

Main 172

jet needle OBETP 5th from top

Mix screw 1.25

250XCF-W USA model:

MJ 168

JN OBEKT 2nd from top

Mix screw 0.75

I have only test the sixday jetting as it is orginal on my bike -07.

didn't touch the screw, just put the oring on. I have zero hesitation. I rode it yesterday and was a little dissapointed with the power coming off the 450x. It felt really lazy, had to work really hard to get the front wheel up. I came home and added the oring chain, and went to a 51 tooth rear which is closer to what the W has. that really helped but my top speed is about 50 now. I'll let you know after today. The suspension is very stiff compared to the W, so I just put the stuff from my 200 on including the showa forks.

I got a moose skid plate for 06 SXF and with a little triming it fits nice, waiting of rad guards still. The bike is loud, looking for a quiet/lighter exhaust.

might try a rekluse also

Bought the wrong skid plate, Crispyboy, u can have it cheap. Beer holder from the Traction Garage is a nice product, mounts on bars. We also have potatoes for riding pants, for that Tom Jones, Vegas look, and wigs to wear up on the trophy podium. Bring it by the Traction Garage and I'll re-jet it for u so u can actually ride the bike. I'm trying now to figure out the jetting for an exc muffler I need for Netra H/S but failing miserably. JD jet kit should be here thursday, pick one up for your bike and come by, I'll supply potatoes.

Whats up Stevy Joe,

why the exc muffler? I found a really nice pair of pantyhose for your Richard Simons look for the podium, of course.Have you cut the bars yet. looks like they might be tight to get the bark busters on.

Crispie-son, throw those bars out, and buy some bars that were designed for humans, like a cr-high bend, or Henry bend, you will thank me. If u must use the stock bars u have to put the start buttom to the left of the front brake clamp when u cut the bars, which I did with my pro-taper Henry bend bars. Come on by and we'll try out some jetting. I need a quiet spark arrested muffler for next years NETRA H/S thing. Come by tomorrow night, thurs. with bike if u can, if not we'll get together before the Unadilla hang-over national in sept. How's your back doing? When can u ride again? Scott's gunna love ridin your bike, HA! U can hang out w/me at Unadilla just don'y tell anyone u know me. And bring some extra Coors-Lite. U will like the W much more than the Husky, power and light weight will impresss u. I don't carry a Richard Simmons line here, he didn't do the potatoe thing, maybe Scott will try the spandex but he'll need the padded underwear for the Polish look I got going. kidk

Woo Hoo, got mine last night. The dealer already changed the pilot and felt pretty crisp around the driveway in the dark. Will the 2006 SX250F skid plate fit ? I going to order the JD kit also.

your dealer changed about the only thing in the carb that comes spot on stock.lol Hopfuly you have the stock jet? cause when you get your JD kit youll

have to put it back in. 2down on the clip and the mix screw out 2 to 2.5 works good for stock till you can get a good needel or JD kit.