Sign in to follow this  

Anyone else paranoid like me?

I'm really paranoid about small noises, clicks, jingles, or knocks that my bike makes while riding. I'll always stop and check it out, unless of course, during a race. Most of the time it ends up being my leg pushing on a side panel and it's hitting the subframe or something stupid like that. Is anyone else paranoid like this?

I don't notice small noises like that all. All I listen for is engine RPM and other than that I'm very focused on what's in front of me.

yes, im very paranoid like that; especially with my truck! im always turning down the music to make sure i dont hear any noises.

yeah i freak out about them kinda things, but luckily it just turns out to me a loose bolt on my pipe so when ever i freak out my older bro tells me to stfu and stop acting likea a bitch hahah

I'm glad I listen to it.

Riding on the ranch one day kinda creeping along thru a dry creekbed.

I could hear something odd. I stopped and looked around and the spring for my kickstand had boinked off somehow leaving the kickstand dragging along.

I am glad I stopped quick enough to walk back and find the spring and put it back on. Stiil cannot believe I found it.

You guys should start a support group... :ride::applause:

Having ridden for 27+ years, I've heard a just aboutl all the coming noises, so I can usually tell when something doesn't sound right. But, I will tell you that your chain grinding through your bent alumimun chain guide doesn't make any damn noise you can heard when riding. Boy, that chain made it's own room in a hurry and I didn't notice in until I loaded up the bike... :thumbsup:

Yeah Im like that too. When I first got on my Honda 450. I couldn't make it down the block with out stopping. Sounds like the engine is falling apart :ride: But it hasn't yet :thumbsup:

Yes.. I listin 24/7... Almost crash because i'm trying to look down at my bike.. Once, I cased this double, and heard this POP.. Like metal hitting metal.. It was just this weird feeling, like "That wasn't right"... I look down, and the frame is cracked in half on BOTH sides...

But, I will tell you that your chain grinding through your bent alumimun chain guide doesn't make any damn noise you can heard when riding. Boy, that chain made it's own room in a hurry and I didn't notice in until I loaded up the bike... :thumbsup:

haha tell me about it man, I had a big rock that got stuck in the chain guide on my crf450 and it totally shredded it instantly.

what I don't get is why manufactures always lighten the chain guide, it weighs next to nothing as is.

I'm really paranoid about small noises, clicks, jingles, or knocks that my bike makes while riding. ... Is anyone else paranoid like this?
You know you can get medication for this, right? Thorazine comes to mind... Or maybe try concentrating harder on the terrain ahead, and which line you're going to take. Heck, when I'm riding hard and trying to go fast, engine noises are the last thing on my mind. But then I've got an XR, so nothing ever really breaks or goes wrong on my bike.

Of course, my bike makes no other noises then it should, but when i borrowed my friends bike (wr250f) it had a rattle, and when ever i had it pinned it would start to worry me. Turns out it was just the odometer :thumbsup:

You know you can get medication for this, right? Thorazine comes to mind... Or maybe try concentrating harder on the terrain ahead, and which line you're going to take. Heck, when I'm riding hard and trying to go fast, engine noises are the last thing on my mind. But then I've got an XR, so nothing ever really breaks or goes wrong on my bike.

Your not worried due to the fact you dont have a newer bike that cost $1000+ for the motor to get rebuilt

and XR's just dont break or go very fast

They r fun thou I have a little one for a pit bike

But then I've got an XR, so nothing ever really breaks or goes wrong on my bike.

I was on the XR400 when the spring came off.

I can hear alot more engine noises since installing the Utah skid plate.

I wasn't being totally honest there... She did break on me one time in 6 years -- broke the shifter shaft clean off. Luckily it broke in 2nd gear so I was able to ride back the truck.

You know what's wierd, I notice more (or maybe it's just different) engine noise when I'm standing up than when I'm sitting.

You guys should start a support group...

Hello everyone. My name is Mike, and I'm a noise-from-my-motorcycle-coholic. I have been sober and unusual noise free for 6 weeks now.

haha tell me about it man, I had a big rock that got stuck in the chain guide on my crf450 and it totally shredded it instantly.

what I don't get is why manufactures always lighten the chain guide, it weighs next to nothing as is.

I put on a BRP nylon, frictionless chain guide with a 1 year warranty on the problem was solved.

http://brpit.com/images/prod_images/chain_guides/cg_main_450x285_07.jpg

The TT Store has them if interested...