Sign in to follow this  

FCR MX questions - sorry I searched and nothing

OK, so I installed my FCR MX this weekend and it is pulling hard but falls on its face under load just from idle and on the top end. Its on my 2005 S and came off a 2005 S so I thought it was jetted correctly. My jetting is below:

- 021-216 FCR Adapter 2 3/8", carb to S airboot

- 021-439 Adapter O-Ring

- 017-262 EMN Needle

- P/N 13111-29F00 OEM Suzuki E Intake Manifold

- P/N 09402-58208 OEM Suzuki Clamp

- P/N 13685-29F00 OEM Suzuki Vacuum Port Nipple

- 200 Main Air Jet

- 160 Main Jet

- 38 Pilot Jet

- 100 Pilot Air Jet

The pilot jet seems to be small but I am not sure if that is really my problem, since it seems like it is getting too much gas at low speed.... I have done the 3x3 (actually its 9 1 inch holes and the snorkel removed) have the powerbomb header and the Q2 muffler.

I know this is like the 10,000th post on this but I can seem to find it. Also, I was going to just order a bunch of jets for it. If anyone knows part numbers for them it would be appreciated.... If not point me in the right direction. The carb came jetted I confirmed they are in there correctly and cleaned all of them up before I installed.

Its killing me since I am so close to this thing being perfect :thumbsup:

Sorry I got it from eBay. It came off another S, elevation was less than 300 feet. He claims....

I am not sure but that sounds right.

What should it be? I am at sea level...

the jetting should be

160 main jet

200 main air jet

emn needle

clip 3

45 pilot jet

100 pilot air jet

2 turns fuel screw

squirt duration should be about 1 second.

Thanks, I guess I will hit the TT store.

How does the squirt duration adjust? Is there a digram of the carb somewhere I can see?

Taffy Mod it is. Can't find any pics so if anyone has any please post.

Thanks.

OK, jets are on there way. Taffy mod sounds easy but I have no idea where to get the litte clips. Will see how it goes and let you know.

Thanks agains.

Thanks again... I am going to try the right jetting first but I bet the taffy mod is in my future...

Maybe I should remove my coolant overflow and put in a turkey baster, while I am at it... :thumbsup:

OK, so I just pulled the carb back out and I know its not a MX type... I ordered a new PJ from TT and it doesn't look anything like the one in there?

I have an FCR pumper? Also the extended fuel screw seems not really fit.

What the hell is this thing....

Oh yea, and to make matters worse, I knocked off the hose from the oil tank (black box) last time, so the test ride covered everything in oil... :thumbsup: