Sign in to follow this  

Went to the track.

Ok I got my first real ride in with my bike at a mx track and I though I should tell you what happned.

(note this isnt a mx park or anything its my friends personal track)

Well when we arrived there, there was a couple of people on the track that looked like they were practicing so we decided to wait till they were done so we didn't get in there way. When the finsished up what seemed like it took hours we finally went on the track. Lol I liked it whent everybody turned there heads when I hit the e-button they where like &%$#@!? lol. Well I was expecting some major bottom outs and and expecting to have to click up the suspension a little more but to my supriese I didn't bottom out once. I did all the jumps to except one high table top that like shoots you 10-12 ft in the air ( its real short but real high) and one step down cause it was real weird because you couldn't tell what speed to hit in because you can't see the landing till after you launch up.

I was felling pretty comfortable till I got cocky and went through a rythm section to fast and got bounced around pretty bad (but didn't crash) thats when I felt I needed a R.

All in all I only crashed once and that because I took high berm to fast and the back came out. Im ok and so is the bike except for some scratches on the side plate. http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img3617dn3.jpg

You call that damage? I get worse damage than that on my bike while it's in the back of the truck. Hehe, just normal wear and tear.

Yea I guess so, but if it is a month old and there are no scratches you obviously aren't riding it hard enough! I get scratches just from the brush that sticks into the trails!

sounds like the news i wanted to hear! lol

i just got a brand new 06' CRF 250X on Sunday and i haven't ridden it yet but want to super badly!

Hey Craiger8,

First off welcome to the forum!

You will love your X, its a great all around bike and a true off road weapon!

Feel free to ask any questions that you run into.

Most importantly have fun!

Yeah I dont get out to ride much because I have to travel to get to good places but none the less Ill eventually have to deal with it I mean it is a dirt bike. I still hurts to see any imperfection on my dirtbike. (lol you might be able to tell I have ocd lol)

thank you! im only 14, and ride an 01' XR 100. i have ridden my dad's XR 250 with no problem, but yet, didn't ride up to my abilities(just cruised). im just curiuos, how much difference is there between them?

Well first off, a properly jetted 250X is way faster than an XR250, but you should be fine just as long as you take it easy at first and learn the bike and your limits. Welcome to the forums! :thumbsup:

thanks again.

it sucks.....the dealer said not to push its limits not until 2 tanks of gas has gone through. i can't to test the true power of this beast.

nah you want to break in the X hard, dont baby it. If you break it in hard it will set the valves seats correctly, rather than poorly as you would get with a light break in.

Sell it!!!! Dirt Bikes are dangerous!!!!!

lol

Oh yeah craiger I moved from a 100 to a 250 youll love it just learn throttle controll or you will fall on your a$$ lol.

well the dealer said not to get the RPMs high until two tanks are threw it.

Dont get me wrong I am not saying hit the rev limiter, but ride it as you plan to ride/race it. This will help the valves seats set up, also change the oil (both engine and trans after each ride, replace the oil filter after every 2nd or 3rd during the break in period - not so often once you get past the break in).

During the break in you will get a fair amount of metal shavings in the oil so you want to clear them out.

Thats what I ended up doing and the bike has treated me well, i race pretty much every weekend.

hey i was wondering, when you guys do track, do you guys stiffen your suspension at all or do you just leave it as the stock set up?

The suspension is plenty stiff for me already (seeing that I only weigh 105 pounds).

Oh, and by the way, I made the jump from an XR80R to my 250X, but I had been riding and racing motocross for 6 years already when I did that. Oh, and I had been riding my step-dad's XR650 a lot.

I have had my suspension revalved and resprung for my weight (and for woods racing). However, when i hit the track up i dont move anything and it works just fine for me (no bottoms out).

I way 175 and it don't bottom out on jumps i do. I dont have them stiffend at all its all factory settings. I really should get them revalved if I start to hit bigger jumps do to my weight.

How much do you weigh?

The suspension is ok for light mx.

well the dealer said not to get the RPMs high until two tanks are threw it.

"RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT" :thumbsup:

For the suspension on the track, I'd suggest to stiffen up a bit if your hitting the bigger jumps/doubles.

Without stiffening mine, I bottem on alot of the doubles, but I had a guy set it stiffer and for my weight, and its great now when you land the jumps right.

As for the 250X on tracks, I think they are great, I know they aren't the real MX Machine, but hey, It's got a green sticker, and I can pull with all my friends on the Track with their race bikes, So it suits me well.

-Ryan