2007 525 Exc

Just talked to my local dealer. He finally got his info. He gets his first one in Nov. He also confirmed no major changes over the 06's except for suspension specs, billet triple clamp and the DOT stuff. The oil capacity remains as is and No Fan.

The Husky 510 doesn't have a fan, but the one from the 610 fits. The Husky has 1.8 US quart capacity and MSRP 7399 (06's) and the 07's aren't raising the price supposedly............

Man tough decision............I'll probably go with the KTM just for the aftermarket support and use a HT racing oil cooler.

We already have the 07 450/525 excs in the uk.

They do look nice with black frame, wheels , forks and the gold billet triple clamps etc and the quick release clutch cover is a neat idea as well.

Firebolter is right though, apart from a few suspension tweaks (mainly front forks) there are no major changes from the 05/06 models.

The big change is due for 2008 exc enduro models which are getting a brand new engine.

Not to be confused with the new sx dohc engine for mx this year, this sohc engine is for the exc range and apparently gives more torque coupled with more tractable bottom end and lighter weight.

ktm have been testing this new engine for the last 3 years in different chassis over all types of terrain.

I am tempted to hang on to my 05 525 exc and wait for the 08 .

We already have the 07 450/525 excs in the uk.

They do look nice with black frame, wheels , forks and the gold billet triple clamps etc and the quick release clutch cover is a neat idea as well.

Firebolter is right though, apart from a few suspension tweaks (mainly front forks) there are no major changes from the 05/06 models.

The big change is due for 2008 exc enduro models which are getting a brand new engine.

Not to be confused with the new sx dohc engine for mx this year, this sohc engine is for the exc range and apparently gives more torque coupled with more tractable bottom end and lighter weight.

ktm have been testing this new engine for the last 3 years in different chassis over all types of terrain.

I am tempted to hang on to my 05 525 exc and wait for the 08 .

Interesting info. There have been lots of rumors flying around, with supposed official confirmation, that the 07 EXCs would have different exhaust, valves and carb specs to make them DOT legal. Glad to hear that is not the case. It is consistent with Husky where the street legal TEs were basically unchanged from the pure dirt version, except for a few required items for DOT legal status.

R

Thats correct emrider.

The excs are totally ready to race but road legal, thats plated and taxed from the dealer.

You get a box with the road sprockets, spare chain, mirrors,front and rear indicators etc which are never used as all we need is the horn and rear brake light to be legal.

Not sure what the law is in california.

Thats correct emrider.

The excs are totally ready to race but road legal, thats plated and taxed from the dealer.

You get a box with the road sprockets, spare chain, mirrors,front and rear indicators etc which are never used as all we need is the horn and rear brake light to be legal.

I'll be majorally suprised if the US bikes comes with spare chain and sprockets. I will love it if they do!

Thats correct emrider.

In CA the bikes are going to require at minimum turn signals, horn, mirror, brake light that works with motor off, and some emissions junk. I'm almost certain that the bikes will have to be sold with this equipment. Not a big deal IMHO. If that is what it takes to get these bikes street legal, fine with me.

R

• 2 months later...

u just got mine and have allready put 100 miles on it. i got a few goodies for it from the dealer 3 bros. racing are an awesome help! aside from that i absolutely love the bike! i had an 04 wr 450 yammy and thought it was a great bike as well. ktm just feels more finished and less rough, and hey the KTM is street legal.

i pulled off the emissions crap (all of it) plugged the 8mm bolt off on the cylinder head and it runs fine, seems a bit rich??? fmf 4.1 system is coming and i have the jd jet kit for it. just waiting for the rest of the bits and pieces to show up from 3 bros.

• 1 month later...