Sign in to follow this  

Clarke tank on '06 TE250?

Yeah, had one on my DRZ, just wondering if anyone has one on an'05 - '06 250. It says you have to trim the lower shrouds. Also would like to know if the colors match, either yellow or blue.

Edit: just saw the 450 uses the same Clarke tank as the 250.

I put the IMS one on my 06 TE-250. Very clean simple install. I have used Clarke in the past and would never recommend them to anybody.

GP

I think that the Clarke is available in "natural" colour only.

Trimming the lower shroud??? :thumbsup: My IMS didn't require any of that!
I have the IMS on my 2006 TE510 and the fit was fine, and it looks good on the bike. The Clarke tank looks ugly IMO. Don't know about fitment issues.

Trimming the lower shroud??? :applause: My IMS didn't require any of that!

the clarke tank has a differnet design. it has the upper shrouds molded in as part of the fuel capacity. (like ktm's 450/525 stock XC tanks) only the lowers get re-installed, and need slight trimming to do so. it's not a major deal. clarke's are available in any color they produce. IMS reuses all the stock plastics, including the upper shrouds so everything fits like stock! as far as i know neither company allows you to reuse the stock fuel cap. on IMS tanks they use the same section of mold for all the tanks they make and use their own cap and thread pitch. not that it is a big deal it's just ,to me, it looks kinda crappy to see the molded ring around the cap on top of the tank. my kx 500 and my wife's kx 100 both have IMS tanks and the shrouds fit like :thumbsup: on the 100. i'm not sure of the fitment quality of either tank on the huskies, but i'd like to find out, as my '07 TE 510 is on its way!! :ride: i was leaning toward the IMS so i could reuse the stock upper shrouds. ( not to mention IMS is right up the freeway from me and i could go pick it up in person!) the clarke tank is smooth along the upper "shrouds" edge and it doesn't resemble a slanted "gunsight" logo anymore! :applause: .......

http://www.clarkemfg.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CM&Product_Code=1463

Trimming the lower shroud??? :thumbsup: My IMS didn't require any of that!

If you look at the way the Clarke fits on the Husky's, they probably mean you have to cut off the tabs on the lowers that stick up and mate into the slots on the upper shrouds (not used with the Clarke). No big deal IMHO. I still will probably go with a Clarke. I e-mailed and asked which of their colors match the blue and yellow the best.

How far you people want to go between fuel stops? TE250 mpg isn't that bad...

coffee, I was wondering that too. How far can you go with the stock tank?

I just got used to the 3.9 on my DRZ, 150+ miles to reserve, maybe 200 total.

If I can get over 100 miles on the stock tank I may just leave it.

Others will have to answer that - don't know. But it suits my needs. Anyone know?

Edit - I do remember a TC250 running in the Virginia City GP and he was happy only to have to stop every other loop instead of every loop, a loop was 36 miles?

I have the IMS tank. I am on my first tank-full as the bike went in the shop for 5 weeks the day after I installed the tank. I am now at 105 miles and I think it will go another 15 or so. I was getting 70 to 80 out of the stocker depending on conditions.

GP

Hi there, with JD kit I get 160 Km to a tank in mixed conditions, sand, rocky single track. climbs etc.

2006 TE250

Cheers

Jerry

Hi there, with JD kit I get 160 Km to a tank in mixed conditions, sand, rocky single track. climbs etc.

2006 TE250

Cheers

Jerry

99 Miles? Is that when the bike just stops running set on reserve?

I should do that test someday...

The blue color matches excellent and the yellow is very close,billf

I put an IMS 3.5 gal. on my 2006 TE. Used all the stock plastic. Fit perfect. One bolt throught the tank and two for the side panels and the tanks is off.