Sign in to follow this  

Air filter gap??

Hi everyone, I just picked up a new kx250 a few days ago and just cleaned and oiled the air filter. Right, here comes the problem...I put it back in with its 'tab' (the pointy triangluar bit) facing upwards where it should. Everything seemed to line up perfect and it screwed on without a hitch. However, There is a gap running all the way around the outside of the airfilter sponge and the bit it sits on, but it seems that the inside circumference of the filter is tightly attached to its seat. I also gave it a good, thick lining of grease to help the seal but i was wondering if all airfilters look like this when in place???

Yeah, there can sometimes be a bit of a gap around the outer edge, as long as the cage is holding the filter firmly to the air boot it should be ok.

I don't have any gap...my filter is TIGHT to the air-boot. I can stick like a little bit of my finger between the two, but then its sealed tight and i can't go all the way, if that's the gap you're talking about...it's fine.