Sign in to follow this  

Bike bogs in the whoops....

Got a Pitster X2R. Installed a TB rev box and it started to bog up top, raised the needle (now at the max setting, with a spacer) and it runs great.

Hit a track this weekend and after about the 3rd whoop it would start to bog and die, if I saved it and tried to go off the face of a table top it would virtually die and throw me over the bars.

The stock main jet is 95 (Mikuni), didn't have any bigger jets to try out with me. Think a bigger main would help? Do I need to change the float position? If so how.... or is this an electric issue. Never removed the box to test, was to pissed off at the time.

Anyone experience this yet? The other X2 & X2R's didn't seem to have any issues. I was the biggest guy there, so the big sure bounced in the whoops, making me think the float bowls were to lean???

The bike runs great on the flat surface. Maybe the jetting could be a bit better, but no bogs etc.

I would assume that no one is replying, because you had posted question about the ultimate "Pitster" not running right. :ride: You see, most people in this forum believe that Pitster bikes can do no wrong. I know that this SUCKS...but you might want to get used to it...because if you aren't in hear praising a Pitster's performance then they won't respond to you. IF NONE OF THESE GUYS THAT KISS THE GROUND THAT PITSTER RIDES ON, WANT TO RESPOND TO YOU, then you can give Guy Cooper at Stillwater Extreme a call, and he can help you w/ your basic motor problems...even though he doesn't deal Pitsters he'll help you. Just tell him the problems that you are having. :thumbsup:

Anyone is full of sh!t if they say their China bike runs like their Japanese bike.

However, for the money I think it's great value. Sure I had to do a lot more PDI when I got the bike compared to my Jap bikes, but that's why you pay 1/3 the price.

That said, I think most people have to jet etc for the style of riding. No one else had an issue, maybe being a big guy I just sloshed it around a lot more in the whoops and caused it to starve? I am hoping it's the float bowl level, but I've never adjusted that, so was looking for some feedback.

Hopefully it's only the main jet, but again, if someone had this issue and could post their results, it might save me from a few extra carb removals.

Another sad thing, is this Mikuni carb doesn't have a main jet access bolt, so you have to remove the carb and the float bowl to change it! :thumbsup:

Stock size Mikuni...

How do I raise it? Bend a tab? I didn't look at it to closely, didn't realize I could adjust it. But a friend mentioned the level might be low. I could take it to him I guess, but I am sure it's an easy adjustment?

If it is stock, then the float probably does need to be adjusted. However, since I've never had to do that, I would recommend that you get information from somebody that knows exactly what they are doing. You could just experiment w/ it, but that is a giant pain in the a$$...good luck

If it's a 22mm carb like on the Brand X, then take the carb off and pull the float bowl. Inside there are 2 plastic floats connected to one metal bar. If you bend the floats down slightly, they will rise quicker and thus stop the flow of fuel faster. If you need more fuel, bend them up. It may take some time, just bend a little at a time. What seems to be a tiny bend can be a large difference in fuel quantity.

DISCLAIMER:

I am not a mechanic, nor have I ever played one on tv. This is the advice I was given, and it worked. Work on your bike at your own risk. LOL