Sign in to follow this  

Thor 50/50 boot

Sort of a thread hijack...

Does anyone make any sub 150$ MC boots in wide sizes?

Don't know that I would use them for riding, but I think they'd be kind of cool just to wear around, depending on how comfortable they were.

I guess it's better then wearing sneakers. My MC street riding boots have more support than those things. But I have spent time in a cast and paid hospital bills, to me good boots are cheep.

O.K. for what they are, providing some ankle armor but . . . if you anticipate a situation, where your leg may be sandwiched between the bike and the riding surface, more protection may be desirable. (Please do not ask why I hold this opinion!)

I'm missing the point of how a shorter, less protective boot is better.

How many 80% street/20% off-road guys wear full on MX boots?? I think that a boot like the Thor would fit the bill for a lot of commuter-types who currently have a choice of street shoes/cowboy boots/work boots/sneakers/full-on moto boots. AlpineStars are not really easily worn around the office, and if you're rarely off-road they seem to be a bit of overkill, y'know?

The Thor and several other "pit bike/dual sport" boots seem to be a good combination of at least some protection and "walkability". :thumbsup:

Kinda missing a major part.

I once got to see about 3 inches of my shin bone-it was not broken

just all the soft tissue was gone ( Jetski )

I think I will pass on that boot.

You weren't wearing moto-x boots while jet-skiing?? :thumbsup:

I'm kidding. But my point is, the Thor boots have to be a decent alternative for commuters, don't they? Gotta be better than wearing street shoes or work boots.

You weren't wearing moto-x boots while jet-skiing?? :thumbsup:

I'm kidding. But my point is, the Thor boots have to be a decent alternative for commuters, don't they? Gotta be better than wearing street shoes or work boots.

No but I always rode in high-tops and a wet suit bottoms after that no matter how hot it was.

Something like the Alpinestars Recon boot makes a lot more sense to me than those. Or even the various sport touring street bike boots that look like high top sneakers. Those look normal and still have plastic ankle braces and kevlar abrasion protection. Nobody says you can't hit a trail or two in street bike boots just because they say street.

But I have to be business casual and I hate to change at the office or carry a gear bag around. So I just wear good leather half boots that polish up decently enough for work and still give me some protection. All I really care about for commuting is not grinding off my ankle bones or turning my feet into long red smears on the asphalt.

For me, the protection offered by MX boots is just overkill for cruising to work or running to corner mart for a snickers bar. For that type of riding I prefer "normal" boots, a full face street bike helmet, mesh gloves and a mesh jacket. Then I can just throw the stuff on to go and then stuff it all into the helmet when I get there without having to change shoes or clothes.