SRC Sub-Frame Extension is TOAST!

Hey BRP'ers,

My XR650R is dualsported and to support the rear fender, turn signals and license plate up, I've been using the SRC sub-frame extension like this...

1007.jpg

Problem is... IT'S TOAST!!!

[i don't blame SRC -- this thing has been ABUSED.]

Both sides are cracked at the welds in the area where you bolt it onto the stock XR65R sub-frame.

NOW WHAT? ?

I have a huge ride starting in 4 days! :applause:

How do you BRP Dualsport riders keep your rear fender supported? :ride:

Hey BRP'ers,

My XR650R is dualsported and to support the rear fender, turn signals and license plate up, I've been using the SRC sub-frame extension like this...

1007.jpg

Problem is... IT'S TOAST!!!

[i don't blame SRC -- this thing has been ABUSED.]

Both sides are cracked at the welds in the area where you bolt it onto the stock XR65R sub-frame.

NOW WHAT? ?

I have a huge ride starting in 4 days! :applause:

How do you BRP Dualsport riders keep your rear fender supported? :ride:

What you need is the oem rear subframe extension added to the Australian model bikes - it's from the factory and provides complete support.

It's made out of steel and is something many many Australian's rip off and thrw away.

This is the Euro and Aust delivery XR650 rear end

http://194.19.84.6/xr/3.jpg

What you need is the oem rear subframe extension added to the Australian model bikes - it's from the factory and provides complete support.

It's made out of steel and is something many many Australian's rip off and thrw away.

This is the Euro and Aust delivery XR650 rear end

http://194.19.84.6/xr/3.jpg

Great idea!

I checked http://www.ebay.com.au/ but didn't find any.

Not much XR650 stuff on there really.

Thanks rmhrc630,

I don't know if I want to buy a NEW one and have it shipped to USA.

Might get a little expensive! ?

you serious?

That SRC stuff is like caviar - waaaaaay overpriced for what it is. ( I know I have bought some of their stuff)

you serious?

That SRC stuff is like caviar - waaaaaay overpriced for what it is. ( I know I have bought some of their stuff)

I agree.

It's just not worth it to me to spend a bunch of money on a sub-frame extension. If you want though, feel free to see how much the Aussie XR650 sub-frame extension would cost.

Thanks.

I have my plate bolted right on the fender.

It's a quick fix. I also have my flush mount blinkers glued on with aquarium silicone. If needed the blinkers can be ripped off and glue re-applied (done it).

I guess if you didn't want holes in your fender, you could glue your plate on temporarily. If your scared about losing your plate tie a string to it. It won't be pretty:) .