Sign in to follow this  

My 1st Motocross race in over a Decade...

Just hit the Trans-Cal North Opener @ Marysville on Sat-Nite !

What a BLAST!

I raced 0-40 Am. and 0-30 JR. (The young-punks!).

In the 0-30 (Vet) Class I got a 3rd and a 5th...got good starts; but, I was so 'tight' due to bein' my 1st moto and all that I got Real Pumped and had to take it slow and I was bein' a lil cautious around some of the guys that seemed to be mambers of Team Banzai! Got a 3rd.

BTW, we had to gate with the Pro's and Int's and they got roosted in the 2nd start by the Fo-Fiddy!

2nd moto I didn't attack soon enuff and got a 5th!

0-40 Am: Got the Hole-Shot and promptly watched 5 guys go by me 'cause I was still ridin' like a puss! However, I got pizzed enuff to get them all back...but for one really big dude who I almost caught at the checkers..."Big MOE"...2nd.

2nd moto: Great start...holeshot...again...got out-ridden thru the 1st turn tho! Then I followed the guy around (like an idiot!) and had "Big MOE" get me right at the Checkers...3rd!

So...$25 for the Vet Class(5th)...$75 for the Sr's(3rd)...not much...BUT!

It paid for my Gas, CMC Card and my entries!

Thanks KAWASAKI!

Oh...and my local shop is puttin' me in the Team Green program and convincing my-azz to race Loretta's next year!

It really is Good to be GREEN!

Think I'll do the So-Cal races, too!

Good job man!!! Not too shabby for not racing in over 10 years! :thumbsup::ride::applause:

Keep it up and with all those hole shots, you will for sure be staying on the podium!

hey I raced there...I was in the 250 beg class, number 290..Cept they were SUPPOSED to have two divisions of 18 riders each..but they screwed up and put all 36 riders on the same gate...which had about 5 gates that dont work!!! but oh well..its not like Im any good to begin with :thumbsup:

They do cash pay outs for Begin/JR classes??? Dang, it is only Pro classes everywhere I raced. I may need to do some traveling and sandbagging down to Cali if that is the case!

With a name like "TeamGreen", I thought you would have been Mr. Motocross with stuning stories of banging bars with the likes of Hannah/Ward/Johnson and Jones!

Anyway, job well done! Just given you a little DooDoo! :thumbsup:

They do cash pay outs for Begin/JR classes??? Dang, it is only Pro classes everywhere I raced. I may need to do some traveling and sandbagging down to Cali if that is the case!

With a name like "TeamGreen", I thought you would have been Mr. Motocross with stuning stories of banging bars with the likes of Hannah/Ward/Johnson and Jones!

Anyway, job well done! Just given you a little DooDoo! :ride:

They pay-out to "Jr." in some classes. They don't pay-out in "Beginner". Good thing, too! Talk about some cherry-pickin' crap! "Beginners "Skyin' the Doubles"? Pulllllease!

I raced the Am. Nat's in '82 and was a "Cali-Moto-Nut" thru the mid-80's (Golden States, D-36, Trans-Cal, Saddleback, Carlsbad...etc.).

So, I was around to see the Hannah-Howerton Battle (Right in-front of my face! actually!)...and to see Wardy and Howerton on the early SR500s...George Holland and Eric Kehoe battling on 125s...Magoo on the RC500...Barnett on the rh125 -AND- 250 on the SAME DAY!

In the mid '90s I got on a scoot again and did some off-roadin'...Best in the Desert (Won Vegas to Reno as an Am. in '97 & '98) and some H/S and Enduros.

Haven't raced Moto since '91(And I did that on a KDX200!)...it's been Toooooo Long!

I can jump just about everything and I'm not hurtin' for ability or form; but, I'm pumpin' up and, it seems, I'm holdin' on too tight...so...I've got some work cut out for myself and a lot of time to spend on the Life-Cycle and the rowing machine!

Before I get told I'm too full of shiot, I should clarify something: I've been workin' within' the moto-industry since '92 and have had late-model MXers around since '97...I've been doin' plenty of "Trail Ridin' "...I just wish I'd realized how different the TRACK is compared to Trail ridin'!

My goal:

1. Trans Cal, Golden State and Am. Nat "0-40 Am." title.

2. Beat as many of the "kids" in the 250/450 and Vet "jr." or "Am." as possible.

3. Progress up to 0-40 Master/Vet-Pro if it all comes together...I ain't one to stay around "Cherry-Pick"! I'll give the Am. classes a solid 9 months. Besides, I'm ridin; the class I was told I should ride...I, actually, haven't dropped a class...like a LOT of the "Older" guys do.

4. (Absolutely Stupid, yes; but, this is my life...) Try to Qualify for a National MX in '07.

Go ahead and Laff...when I ride with someone like VET, xer or MOTOMOUTH and they say,"Your outta your head"...well...then, maybe, then I'll scratch #4! :thumbsup:

4. (Absolutely Stupid, yes; but, this is my life...) Try to Qualify for a National MX in '07.

Go ahead and Laff...when I ride with someone like VET, xer or MOTOMOUTH and they say,"Your outta your head"...well...then, maybe, then I'll scratch #4! :thumbsup:

Nope no laughin. I think its great!!! I wish I had the skill, time and money to be able to pull it off. If anything, I envy you for the guts to take it on. At 35 yrs old and a relative beginer to MX, I'm to old and skilless to do much but have fun.

Rock on dude!!!!!!