Sign in to follow this  

Apex

How hot is apex/nellis right now??? Is it alot hotter then the valley temp, school starts in a week and a half and I want to get out there before then, but it seems to hot..105 for the next week...... O'well who else is excited 1 more month and the temps are comfortable again!!

well Ive been riding all along, but figure Apex to be just as Hot as here, maybe a little hotter. Ive been waiting to get more people out there to hook up with. Ive been out to the dunes, but with Jeeps and trucks, and it has been a few years. There were just too many idiots, I can only imagin how it is now.

Ive been up to cold creek/wheelers pass a few times, and over potato ridge(red rock to pahrump), not too hot. When it cools down, I will probably do by nelson some more.

If you have any ideas, let me know.

John in Vegas

RM250

WR450

How hot is apex/nellis right now??? Is it alot hotter then the valley temp, school starts in a week and a half and I want to get out there before then, but it seems to hot..105 for the next week...... O'well who else is excited 1 more month and the temps are comfortable again!!

I have been out there (Apex) for the last two weekends. However, I get out there around 6:00 in the morning. Ride for a couple of hours and head home. It still gets pretty hot in the late morning and afternoon. I haven't been out the towards the evening.

My advice, get there early...

Apex is better once you get a couple mesas out away from the crowds. You can pick up some of the old BITD / SNORE / Race Course stuff, and get a decent +/- 20 mile practice loop in. If you guys do the GPS thing, I can post some .GPX files (they work with TopoFusion - Garmin - USAPhotomaps, etc.).

It's nothing hair raising, but like skiing Lee Canyon; it's close, it's quick, and it's convinient............beats nothing.

I'm starting to work on a light setup for next years night racing seris, so I might start going out there after work to work out the kinks in the evenings.........

If you folks do a "meet and greet" some weekend, give me a shout out.

When you guys go and ride at Apex, where do you ride. The track in back is ok, but its not that fun for me.... Then there are all the trails that take you further back, but are there some areas with some good jumps just to play around on?? I just like riding around on a few jumps for the day, just messing around.......