Sign in to follow this  

ocala national forest

Done tons of searches, where can I find directions to get to ride in Ocala national park. from Brooksville-Tampa area

thinking of trying to go there soon with my GF, went to Hardrock Saturday. It kicked my ass, not use to riding anymore. It has been a while and never too great to start with, just out having fun.

Are you ever off during the week

Have you been to croom? I live north of tampa. I prefer to ride during the week, less people.

I just got my bike last week and rode hardrock, so no I haven't been to croom yet. I'm going to get the registration in my name tomorrow and then should be able to ride there.

I work for the FD so I'm off alot during the week too, would like to try croom soon. I only live about 30minutes away. Is it mostly sandy and pits or are they some good riding trails?

How do you get in there, coming from South 75 or from Brooksville area?

This is the map of the proposed trail system. Print it out and ask a ranger what trails have been marked so far. You may need to download it possibly to see it clearly.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/projects/documents/nepa/oca%20access/EIS_altd_map.pdf

The yellow area is still unrestricted.

I rode south of Lake Delancy 2-weeks ago. Trails are well marked and in good shape. You can do 75-miles without riding the same trail twice. You need a GPS though. Thats true no matter where you ride in ONF.

I'm going to look up lake delancy and see if I can't find the trails. How much are you guys paying for GPS systems?

Target...$99 Garmin E Trex...another $15 bucks for the handlebar mount on ebay.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=25138

If you fall a lot (not saying you of course 450xDaD), use the lanyard that comes with the etrex and wrap it on the bar so it doesnt get knocked off when you take a spill. I lost my first one in the sugar sand at little grasshopper lake, never to be found again.

I rode south of Lake Delancy 2-weeks ago. Trails are well marked and in good shape. You can do 75-miles without riding the same trail twice. You need a GPS though. Thats true no matter where you ride in ONF.

Did you go out of delancy? Or somewhere else?

Did you go out of delancy? Or somewhere else?

I started at the trail-head on 316 near Lk. Kerr. We rode west to cross 80, then hit the bike only trail. Crossed back over 80 and headed North to Lk. Delancy. We got to the Lk but didn't cross 79 to the North, I didn't like that much last time I was there.

cool man. So they actually have marked out some of the trails then. Man I have to go up and ride them for sure.

Think you can find the trail you rode on the alt_d map I gave the link for? I am wondering how accurate that map is to what they actually marked out.

Parts of it are on there, but not the trail head. I will download the GPS coords and PM you later

If you fall a lot (not saying you of course 450xDaD), use the lanyard that comes with the etrex and wrap it on the bar so it doesnt get knocked off when you take a spill. I lost my first one in the sugar sand at little grasshopper lake, never to be found again.

I was about ready to write a smart-ass comment like "I never fall". But, I'm smarter than that...I know as soon as I say that,...I will :ride: .

So, thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

Parts of it are on there, but not the trail head. I will download the GPS coords and PM you later

I would be interested in the info. I'm going there this Saturday AM. I went once last year and loved it. Just bought a GPS for that purpose. Riding with a friend who's never been there. Thanks.

'06 WR450F all the free mods w/ White Bros E2

yeh it wasnt directed at you. I just threw it up in your post because your pic jogged the dent on the one side of my head with the memory in it. :thumbsup: