Sign in to follow this  

Anybody racing offroad on a RMZ450

I had the chance to ride a 06 RMZ450 yesterday in the desert and I loved it. Allthough we were riding some pretty open areas this thing cornered like no other bike I have ever ridden. I race grand prix style races and occasionaly a desert race and wondered if anybody in this forum were racing one of these machines. And if so what kind of mods to do so. Thanks in advance.

I raced mine for about 8 months in GNCC style trails. It is a lot of bike for nasty stuff. In tight, wet, rooty crap it's hard to manage the tall first gear. A bigger sprocket makes it tough with the 4 speed. I put a power bomb and Q pipe on and it helped but the Q pipe kills the power. I still have it and ride it in selected hare scrambles. It's hard to beat on an open track. I bought an 06 RM250 for the tight stuff.But I admit, I miss the awesome power the 450 displays.

i do only this, but the only big problem is the first gear only....if you do climbing, dried river or something like this, it is simple to stall.

This year i will try rekluse....i've heard that is a miracle for this bike and this problem