Sign in to follow this  

Sprocket and carb??

Hi found my bike to be leaking a small amount of oil removed the sprocket cover and found that the nut holding the sprocket on has come loose its just held on by the washer. It seems the oil is coming out when the sprocket is moved, question1 is do you think that if i get it retightened will it be ok or would i have damaged the seal behind? Also just received the vacuum slide diaphragm for my cvk40 is the air hole that needs drilling on the bottom of this?

thanks

Do a search on css (counter shaft seal). The leak is well documented and you will need to pull the sprocket off and replace the seal and possibly spacer. Then do the red locktite trick on the splines.

Well, the eazy fix is to tighten the nut nd see if the oil leak goes away. If not, then you need to replace the seal and probably the seal collar and internal O ring. The standard fix for the nut is to use Loctite on the splines and thread and torque to 80 ft lb. After the torque on the nut, check for free rotation of the counterhaft when in neutral. Can't help you on the CVK40 question. Is this some kind of a mod to quicken throtle responce?

Got a mechanic to tighten the sprocket nut today it was only the washer holding it on. Seems like the oils stopped leaking but got the seal to replace it soon anyway. What i needed to know on the carb is where is the air lift hole? Got the vacuum slide and can see on the bottom is 2 holes, i presume its 1of these i have to drill