Sign in to follow this  

Fuel kit for DRZ...

Is there a fuel kit available for the DRZ to upgrade the petcock, fuel lines, and carb components to allow use of e-85?

What about timing, jetting and Spark?

I dunno...that's why I'm askin'...

I'm askin along wih you.

Many GM products run e85 with no mods and all gas vehicles can run e10 with no mods.

I hear the price savings related to the lower mileage make it about the same cost per mile as gas.

Seems like you are losing due to the small tank on the DRZ.

Burns a lot cleaner tho.

I'm askin along wih you.

Many GM products run e85 with no mods and all gas vehicles can run e10 with no mods.

I hear the price savings related to the lower mileage make it about the same cost per mile as gas.

My son has a 2006 Avalanche with the E85 option. This means the fuel lines and rubber things and such are all upgraded to be compatable with the alcohol so there's no deterioration. Additionally, the GM vehicles have sensors to detect the E85 mixture and the computor changes spark/timing/injector spray as needed to compensate. Supposedly performance is slightly better, but gas mileage is about 25% worse. A truck that gets 15 mpg on gas will get around 11 on E85 as its not as efficient.

With no sensors and computer and fuel injection, I doubt if a DR-Z would work well with E85

Lower mileage? whats the point? I'm sure that they are not going to give the stuff away...probably still $3.00 a gallon?

whats the point?

for about 5k you can buy the equipment to make it (ethanol) yourself...

Lower mileage? whats the point? I'm sure that they are not going to give the stuff away...probably still $3.00 a gallon?

Actually that is the point.

:thumbsup::ride: WARNING THIS IS A LITTLE POLITICAL: :applause::applause:

The US pays tons of $$ and is very dependent on foreign oil. If that oil supply was cut off our gas prices would be about $15/gallon. Since we produce a surplus of corn each year corn we can make it cheaper here... So crappy mileage is now an issues but it should be straightened out over time, like most new technologies. Even if it was crappy mileage but was $1/gallon it would be worth it.

I like the theory behind the idea but personally I think bio diesel will be the best solution.