Sign in to follow this  

octane boost?

is it ok to run octane boost in a 2 stroke? my brother says no, i kinda believe him but i just want to make sure...see i have a kit for my bike that gives it 14:8:1 compression, but it says you have to run 96 octane or highter, i dont have that at the pumpshere so id have to buy C12. or could i jsut buy 93 and add some octane boost? PLEASE HELP

My general opinion is to stay away from the crap. If you insist on making your bike so it takes special fuel, then go to the expense and hassle of buying the C12.

you can run it in any internal combustion engine but it isn't 100% accurate and you dont know what your octane is exactly I would go with the C12

I have a problem that kinda runs along the same lines I am thinking about putting a new piston and rings in my 426 this winter just for preventative maintance and if I do I might go with a high compression piston and there is a gas station by my house that sells torqo or is it torco 110 octane gas out of the pump(it has its own seprate pump) and wondered if you guys buy race gas out of the pump is it ok because I dont think too many people buy it I have only seen one guy with a dirt bike get some