my 06

sup everyone i have an 06 crf 250 ook.....lemmie start over i bought the biggest peice of shit i can own.........haha yea everyone that i known that has a honda 06 Blew up not even shitting you either at the 4 month mark my honda blew up while trying to quailfie for lorettas what a bummer huh? yea well almost a 1000 bucks later im racing again...........but at the end of the year im thinking about selling it and getting a KTM and ride for a company by my house............i have about 5000 left to pay and by winter time i should be around 4500 left........remember it has a Brand new engine top to bottom end and the thing rides great...................but im just afraid of having a problem with the engine or anything again....do u think i will make the money i need off the bike so i can purchase another bike?

Anything is a pile of shit when you don't take care of it. Theres now way your Honda would have blown at the 4 month mark if you took care of it correctly. I've had my Honda four about four months and the thing still runs like the day I bought it, and has never choked once, unlike my Yamaha which grenaded (2006).

Sorry to hear that! I've had mine over 8 months... No problems at all. I seriously beat the crap out of the thing and it still runs perfect. I maintain it very we'll and the valves are all still in spec. Like previously stated it's all about the maintenance. Air filter cleaning is the #1 thing to do to prolong it's life. Than oil changes and checking the valve clearances.

I didnt have any gas around, so I put orange juice in the gas tank. I was also out of air filter oil, so I just rubbed it in dog shit because my friends told me it works just as good. My bike blew up today. HONDAS ARE THE BIGGEST PIECES OF SHIT...

?

lets see, my bike is 3 years old, did my top end 3 times, one of witch was after 200 hours, road stock valves for 2 years, raced my bike for 3 years.... change the oil and filter after every 5 hours, or a day at the track... never have two broken things at the same time, when one breaks i fix it so i dont have another..

i dont know man my bike hasnt blown up, have fun riding the ktm, the bling factor is good, but the suspention is horrable, even after its set up for you,

but d :censored:mn sh ? t piece of sh :ride: t, excallent choice of words on a public forum, What was your question anyways? you told us a story about how your neglect to take care of your bike, and beat on it and you want it to serve a perpous of a high resale? what if it doesnt bring you 4k, are you genna kick it and yell at it?

you should buy a suzuki since Ricky wins on it!

lets see, my bike is 3 years old, did my top end 3 times, one of witch was after 200 hours, road stock valves for 2 years, raced my bike for 3 years.... change the oil and filter after every 5 hours, or a day at the track... never have two broken things at the same time, when one breaks i fix it so i dont have another..

i dont know man my bike hasnt blown up, have fun riding the ktm, the bling factor is good, but the suspention is horrable, even after its set up for you,

but d :censored:mn sh ? t piece of sh :ride: t, excallent choice of words on a public forum, What was your question anyways? you told us a story about how your neglect to take care of your bike, and beat on it and you want it to serve a perpous of a high resale? what if it doesnt bring you 4k, are you genna kick it and yell at it?

you should buy a suzuki since Ricky wins on it!

ROFL!! DAN I LOVE U BUDDY. ur funny as hell.

wow, alot of hardcore honda loyals in here. I like how everyone bashes him immediatly without even knowing his situation. yes, he could be a regular joe shmoe with bad maintenance practices or he could have just had bad luck. not every part is made exactly the same and some have flaws. Another thing is, if you race alot, which Im guessing he does since he was qualifying for LL, then 4 months is good amount of time on a top end. A racer shouldnt expect more out of his engine than he would on a 2 stroke , 3-6 months. You can also factor in how hard people ride their engines. Compared to some I don't hit the rev limiter very much or use much clutch. In 4 months I easily put in 100 hours all of it on MX tracks. At 5 months I got my new top end and already had my suspension rebuilt(blew the fork seals) and I find out my bike was fine but it was about time. On the other hand my main riding buddy did his a couple weeks before mine(we got out bikes at basically the same time) and he had a crack in his valve, could have snapped at any time. I know for a fact he takes just as good, if not better care of his bike. I know most people on here are purely weekend warriors and not very fast. The point is i hate bashers that talk sh**!

Yeah. I dont know buddy it seems your outnumbered here. All of our machines have stood up to the torture and abuse that we put them through. As long as you treat it like your only child it will be good to you. What class were you going to qualify for ?