Sign in to follow this  

New Aprilia is in!

Got to see the new 5.5 upclose and personal.

Out the door looks like about 9500.00 total.

A little rich but she sure is purdy! :thumbsup:

I picked mine up Tue, it has not been derestricted yet so it is a little slow but I still love it. I hope to have it derestricted next week. I'm working on getting a tag before I get it derestricted. Well worth he money. I think I'm going to SM my CRF450 now and do some track days. If you don't have SM fever the aprilia will give it to you.

im thinking about getting the new aprilia, but price is outragouse! im wondering if the husky 610 will be just as nice....and its only msrp 7399 i think

If you have ever had an aprilia you wouldn't think twice about it. It is worth the money. I bought a 4.5 and may go buy the 5.5 when it gets in. I have waited 2.5 years for this thing. It comes with everthing you need to get it on the road. Go for the aprilia. some of the dealers are giving test rides

I'm riding one @ lunch today - these are unbelievable looking bikes right out of the crate! I could not believe it - lights, tires, etc for the street, but it's a track-ready bike!

Edit: The one I rode was a 450.

Technically they are not street legal in the US – Be careful if you plate the bikes. If the DMV finds out they might pull your plate like they have been doing with older Husky 450s before 2006.

Yes they are sweet bikes!

so how are they on the street? for regular riding I am talking about. I want an aprilia 550 but am concerned a bit about riding it back on forth to work with some flat straight roads with 55 mph speed limits...but when I hit town it should be fun!!!

right now I am looking at the KTM 625 smc but I would love the aprilia if it will work for me!!!

went to a delership today to test drive they said I can't because I only have a permitt.. had it for 3 years now I'm lazy,,,

thinking about trading in or selling my MZ baghira its all trick.. punched out to 720 with big bore kit,, rods,, phat carbs the works.. over $5000 in the rebuilt motor and powdercoated frame..

am I crazy . I'll never see that 5k again...

will I be disapointed in the power or will the lighter weight make it up

went to a delership today to test drive they said I can't because I only have a permitt.. had it for 3 years now I'm lazy,,,

thinking about trading in or selling my MZ baghira its all trick.. punched out to 720 with big bore kit,, rods,, phat carbs the works.. over $5000 in the rebuilt motor and powdercoated frame..

am I crazy . I'll never see that 5k again...

will I be disapointed in the power or will the lighter weight make it up

Crazy? no.....

once again what should I do

motorcycle3_resize.jpg

trade plus $5,000 -$6500 or stay put

I pick the SXV up in the am had it derestricted. I can't wait to see what she will do.

Definately give us a report on that baby!!!!

im getting a rmz 400 sm cuz i the aprilia i cant make it street legal or i would buy one tommorow i could get a 06' for 6200. out the door in roseville ca. but it yellow so i think ill' pay 7000. for 07' black one in town the aprilia 5.5 sure is sick 180 rear tire and 72 hp sick huh

Correction....

Their dynoing around 58hp derestrictred.....

And about 40 miles to a tank of gas.....

Streetbike?.... $9500?

Like a beautiful woman, nice to look at but....

im going to get drz 400 on friday for 6860.00 out the door is that a good price? ITS 2007 i wanted the aprilia but heard you cant get plates in californi dealer told me he would buy it back if i couldnt but i dont know he is a sales man you never know i told i want that in writing i would be bummed if i paid that much i couldnt ride on street thats why im buying the slower under powered drz i htink ill still have fun on it any have any input on the subject thanks

Man this bike has me drooling... Its so beautiful... I just started college, and I see motorcycles around campus all the time (there is tons of motorcycle parking too). I think this bike would be awesome if I could afford it...

What is the top speed on these bikes? Are they comfortable for short distances on the freeway?