Sign in to follow this  

Subframe Removal

Removed the subframe to do the airbox mods Saturday.

Ridiculous! I had to remove all holding the airbox to the subframe, just to get the wiring loose. And, re-routing all that isn't gonna be easy, either. I'm thinking about re-doing the whole harness, with all the wires into one big water-proof connector. Then it should just be loosening the airboot screw, removing the seat, exhaust and the four subframe bolts. Used to remove my 2-stroke subframes in less than 5 minutes. This one took more than 30.

Any suggestions?

you removed the subframe to do this? I just removed the airbox from the subframe with the subframe still on the bike took all of maybe 5 minutes.

D'OH!!

Guess I coulda' tried that first. I'm taking the bike all the way down to grease everything, re-jet, etc. Putting in an R cam while I'm at it. Couldn't have gotten my R airbox out without pulling the subframe, nor any of my 2-strokes, so I didn't even think about it on this one.

So, from the other posts I've seen, the subframe will just tilt up for (easier) access to the carb, shock, etc.? Boy, do I feel dumb now.

D'OH!!

Guess I coulda' tried that first. I'm taking the bike all the way down to grease everything, re-jet, etc. Putting in an R cam while I'm at it. Couldn't have gotten my R airbox out without pulling the subframe, nor any of my 2-strokes, so I didn't even think about it on this one.

So, from the other posts I've seen, the subframe will just tilt up for (easier) access to the carb, shock, etc.? Boy, do I feel dumb now.

Yep you got it!!! The subframe just tilt's up and you can access everything that way. I have re-jetted, removed and replaced shock and cut open my airbox this way and never have had to remove the subframe.

• Like 1