Sign in to follow this  

Have an extented fuel screw...don't know how to use it.

I did some trail riding at altitude yesterday (10K) and was getting a bad bog just off of idle. There was hesitation every time I tried to open her up. Eddie installed an extended fuel scew for me....so I tried to fix the problem via the fuel scew. Eddie told me to screw it in until the bike started running badly..then back it out a few turns. I could screw it in all the way without effecting the idle? As far as I could tell, only when I unscewed it a lot did it effect idling (cut off). I never could get the bike running well using the screw.

So when riding at altitude, should I losen or tighten the screw? How do I get it back to where it was before I monkey'ed with it. I read that with the 3X3 mod...2 1/2 turns out is optimal. I have it at this setting now, and it seems alright. What would "not alright" feel like? I did notice more backfiring on decel when the screw was all the way in.

You want to run the screw in if your riding at altitude. This will cut back on your low speed fueling. If your wicking the throttle real hard idling, it will definetly have a bog. Geting a bike dialed in when your riding and multiple altitudes is hard. When I go to colorado, I jet my bike to run good at around 9,000 feet. But we make a few climbs up to 12,000 feet sometimes. Up there it runs like crap. I have yet to get it dialed in all around. Some backfiring on decel is ok. Unless its REAL bad. Hope this helps you a bit. Cheers