Sign in to follow this  

landing sideways after a whip and your bike

^ thread title explains it all ^

do u think it hurt my bike i only did it like twice it was probably 3 ft off the ground its this jump that just throws the back end sideways and u cant do nothin about it to get it back really. i did it about 3 times so im jw if it might hurt it?

I noticed on my wheelies I am goign left sometimes without meaning to now. IDK if this is just my fault or coincidence or if i hurt something?

thanks

no it won't hurt anything

theres some jumps at my local track that do that all the time

the bikes fine

Just be sure and land with the Gas on. That will straighten the bike out. if you land off the gas the bike will kick out and you will highside.(Insert Personal Experience Here..Broken Rib). :thumbsup:

Here in Okie land the wind tends to throw the bike sidways in the air.... :ride:

Ride Safe

Read my recent swap out thread to help gettin you straight before you land.

if your having too much trouble with it id just keep practicing doing whips but not as big like get bigger as you go so this way you know how much of your back end you can bring in

Shouldn't hurt it. Most riders do this from time to time. If you're riding along on flat, hard packed ground and your bike "steers" on it's own in one direction it could be that your fork tubes twisted slightly. To correct this, loosen the triple clamp pinch bolts and your front axle and axle pinch bolts. It should unbind and go back to normal. You may have to give it a tap on the front wheel back and forth while it's loose. Then tighten it all back up.

If it's leading in a particular direction during a wheelie, check your rear wheel on a stand. Give it a spin to make sure it's straight. It probably is. Then check your chain adjuster bolts and rear axle adjusters to be sure one side is not farther forward than the other side. This could be the issue, as well.