Elsinore GP - Help +/or Suggestions?

I live in Canada and I've been wanting to ride this for a few years now. One of the hassles (and expense) I see is in shipping my bike out there for the race.

I was planning on flying out and renting a van to a)haul my stuff in and b)double as the "Hotel Dodge" (as Tony D used to call it...boy am I ever dating myself here....). Anyway as far as a bike goes, my options are to ship my own (250TC Husky) out there or find someone/somewhere to rent something...or alternatively buy something out there and then sell it again after the race. My preference would be for a 450 4T, but a 250 2T would do the trick as well.

Anybody out there got any thoughts, suggestions, or information they could share on this one?

Thanks in advance.

Ron

Go on the web and search dirtbike rentals in LA- Orange County - San Diego area. You'll save some money over shipping one here. You will find lots of them. Some rent well maintained bikes that you can get for not too much money. Sorry I don't have any specific links but with a little searching you can find them. The Elisinore GP is fun. Just show up early and sign up. It is pretty popular so it is very crowded. Make plans to ride Glenn Helen while you are down.

GP

I would like to have some info. also, like can you pre-enter? What is the date of the event? Is there a web site or race flier? Any help would be appreciated.

This is the link I had for last year http://www.active.com/framed/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1258135&customreg=blank

I don't think that there is an updated one available yet but I understand that pre-entry will start in mid-September again.

If anybody has newer information I'm all ears.