Sign in to follow this  

Throttle Tube

Im fixing this guys 2004 DRZ400E and ive been on quite a few internet parts stores and i cant find a new throttle tube for it, the tube is cracked and needs to be replaced, i dont really need a upgraded one for it. A new stock one would be better cause its cheaper as well. So does anyone know where i would be able to find a throttle tube for the bike? Thanks for the replies.

There was a recent thread regarding replacing the stock tube with one off an R6 or R1 (slight mod required to yamaha tubes, but easy to do), which provides less twist to go from fully closed to fully open throttle. The cost is same as a new stock replacement. Do a search if you want to check it out.

i used a yamaha one on my DRZ and just had to dremmel it a tiny bit to get it to fit.

good luck with whatever you choose to do.

i used a yamaha one on my DRZ and just had to dremmel it a tiny bit to get it to fit.

good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Which model and year Yamaha tube did you use and how much less twist did it result in? :thumbsup:

OK, I've just got to say it.....but I hope your mechanical abilities exceed your parts purchase aptitude! I mean, how hard is it to order a throttle tube?

Sorry...I couldn't keep that to myself. :thumbsup:

OK, I've just got to say it.....but I hope your mechanical abilities exceed your parts purchase aptitude! I mean, how hard is it to order a throttle tube?

Sorry...I couldn't keep that to myself. :thumbsup:

Ouch! :ride:

...said the king of cotter pin loss. :thumbsup:

Tim

Cotter pins? I have dim memory of that ancient technology. I proudly run a locking nut now, thank you! :thumbsup:

along the lines of the questions, could guide me to the 400E throttle cables I need so that I can make my FCR work on my S? The site listed above says they are the same part #, but they are not! Help me please~~!!

Which model and year Yamaha tube did you use and how much less twist did it result in? :thumbsup:

can't remember, it was awhile ago.... was for newer yf or wr.

:ride:

I got Pro Motion throttle cables which work perfectly with my FCR on the S.

along the lines of the questions, could guide me to the 400E throttle cables I need so that I can make my FCR work on my S? The site listed above says they are the same part #, but they are not! Help me please~~!!

I used 04 R1 tube. results in 1/4 turn throttle. It comes with grip so I oredered left grip too. Nice grips! Try MRCYCLES.COM. Cost for both was under $12 plus shipping.