Sign in to follow this  

Rebuild questions

Hello all,

I finally got around to tearing the DRZ down. After 4 and 1/2 years of riding, everything looked pretty good, despite some minor pitting in the nikasil and slight signs of the skirt slapping around. I need a few suggestions though...

Since it needs to be replated anyway, I'm thinking of going oversized. I can't seem to find any +2mm piston sets. Do they exist for the drz? Is there even enough material to go 2 or more mm over? And what is the name of that place in Tennasee or Alabama that replates/bores cylinders quick? I used them on my KDX 2 years ago and that plating job is still perfect.

Next any good valves available for the DRZ? Right intake needs to be ground, maybe any oversized valves out there? I wanna do this right, perhaps even before the season is over.

Thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

JE 94mm is the way to go, I just did it, wow.

Bore and plate by Millennium.

Valves from RHC is the best bet.

Neil. :thumbsup::ride::applause:

Well said,, except Neil forgot the springs from RHC. As long as the cyl can be replated with out a sleeve, stick to the 94mm. If it needs a sleeve,might as well go 95mm. 94mm & 95 mm have a 13.5:1 cr option..the 94.5 does not.

Well said,, except Neil forgot the springs from RHC. As long as the cyl can be replated with out a sleeve, stick to the 94mm. If it needs a sleeve,might as well go 95mm. 94mm & 95 mm have a 13.5:1 cr option..the 94.5 does not.

Really, that is not what my 94.5mm piston says????

And yes replace your valves/springs/cotters (keepers), seals etc.

Millenium, yes! Thats the name. I'll be keeping stock compression though in case I ever find an S frame w/title.

Its been awhile since I've shopped for parts online, any good ref's to a store with JE pistons?

Really, that is not what my 94.5mm piston says????

And yes replace your valves/springs/cotters (keepers), seals etc.

???? Of course your right.. it's the 94mm that was not available with the 13.5:1 CR.. My apology's My DRZ friends.....