Sign in to follow this  

Rmz450x ?

Any word on an off-road RMZ450?

hopefully '08 will be the year......

i've got a 97 RMX250 that i absolutely love but....man a brand new four stroke with fuel injection would be nice....

No, I think you should just buy a crf450x.... :thumbsup:

i do believe you should buy yourself a wr 450f, becuase then you know your valves will last in between check ups :ride:

How about you all just trade those bikes in for boat anchors, much cheaper and no valves.

How about you all just trade those bikes in for boat anchors, much cheaper and no valves.

pretty bold statement coming from someone who rides a bike that just loves to bog at the most inconvenient of times......just ask mcgrath what he thinks of a 250 sx...

Alright enough brand bashing.

So Suzuki's gonna have a RMX line? Sounds cool. Let's see how Suzuki does. I haven't ever ridden a WR but the CRFX is a good bike. I am anxious to see what they come up with.

pretty bold statement coming from someone who rides a bike that just loves to bog at the most inconvenient of times......just ask mcgrath what he thinks of a 250 sx...

If your talking about how he dislocated his hip and ended his career, this happened from the bike running out of gas. Even says so in his biography (Wide Open)

In 08 the RMX 450 will be out, its in development now... :thumbsup:

Just sold my 05 RMZ two weeks ago. Great Great bike, for the track. Not so great as a trail bike. Which is why I have an 06 450X now. If you plan on only track riding. Then you will love it. If your looking for a trail bike, then go with the CRF or WR 450s. I hear the Kawi 450 does pretty good as a track or trail bike. But dont have first hand experience. I've also heard that there will be an RMX in 08. Maybe with a 6 speed trans. too.

Oh for all you two strokers. I love em. I'm just to old and fat to enjoy them like I use too.

Bruce

Alright enough brand bashing.

So Suzuki's gonna have a RMX line? Sounds cool. Let's see how Suzuki does. I haven't ever ridden a WR but the CRFX is a good bike. I am anxious to see what they come up with.

I've ridden an '06 CRF450X back to back with my GG and would have to say they felt very similar and the Honda owner said the same thing. I've ridden this bike for a solid year with no problems so I believe they are reliable. So for performance, I could be happy on either bike plus the GG comes with EFI, a stock FMF pipe, a stock slipper clutch, a stock hydraulic clutch and I bought it new for less than a Honda. I knew I was taking a chance with a basically unknown bike but now I know I made a great choice. If you have a GG dealer close by and want an EFI 450 now, the GG is a serious option. Plus it's fun to see your buddies bikes running poorly and losing power when riding those mountain trails... :thumbsup:

IN RESPONSE TO CRF SUGGESTIONS, Who Would Buy A Bike That Is In Constant Need Of Maintenance?

I Have Heard Alot Of Horror Stories Of Tranny Problems, Oil Use,

Coolant Use, Trans Oil Use, Valve Adjusting [ With Shims Ridiculos]

Low Clutch Life. The Bike Is Not That Good For It To Be Worth All The Trouble. I Want To Ride It More Than Wrench It. Unless I Buy 2 Than One Can Be In The Shop. It Has Also Been Said The Wr Isn't Much Better When It Comes Down To Engine Life.