Sign in to follow this  

Help me out with a "trac rack"?

hey i have this "track rack" thing. its actually pretty cool, and its really sturdy. the thing is is that it only fits a bike the size of a 80. well, i dont have a truck ((parents bought me a jeep)), so that is my only way of being able to go riding. And i cant justify spending 250ish for a joe hauler or whatever those things are. ((unless i have to, if i cant get this to work)). So what im asking is, do you guys think it would be possible to add a extention on both sides of this thing to fit a full size bike ((my 02 cr250)). i was thinking of just welding a foot or so of track on both sides of it to make my bike fit, what do you guys think?

Heres a picture of it on my jeep, but with the 80 on it. As you can see it fits a 80 perfect, but my 20 would be too small. :thumbsup: ((just ignore my friend in the picture))

100_0912.jpg

just weld some more track on there. make sure it's a very good welding job though; u wouldn't want the welds to break.

why the KTM sticker on a kow

yea just weld some track on make sure you brace it some how tho like run a bar from that little rail down to the end of the extension

i dont know its my buddies bike, not mine lol.

and was just thinking of buying like a cheap motorcycle ramp and cuttin a foot or so off of it and welding it on each side for the tires to go on. I woul dhave my uncle weld he, he welds really well. Any one have ideas on what to support the extentions with or how? Thanks for the replies

Got a trailer hitch?? If so, buy a $250-300 out of the classifieds in the paper.
\

i dont want to spend that money, if i already have this.