Sign in to follow this  

Death Jump

I am really not sure the ramp would have done him much good. If he would have landed on it, it would have been only the last few feet of the ramp. Looks like there were several problems besides the wind. I betcha he did'nt feel a thing..............

This was posted a while back... The guys name was Butch Laswell. That was his first and last crash, out of over 5,000 jumps.

I remember when that happened

The guy was just starting to get famous in the mainstream press. I recall thinking at the time that he just used waaay too narrow of a landing ramp and really should have known better given the wind. Not judging, just thinking.

His chest was crushed from the impact and I believe his neck was broken also. He was killed almost instantly.

Almost like doing a belly flop from 50ft in the air.

This fate will (unfortunately) happen to one of the FMX guys at some point.

BJ

Jesus, the billboard sized flag straining against the wind might of given a normal person a clue....

you would have to be a F@*&^ing retard to not know that the landing is way way to narrow

you would have to be a F@*&^ing retard to not know that the landing is way way to narrow

I think the narrow landing was supposed to be like to that to add to the danger and excitement. He wasn't expecting it to be windy

RIP

Ouch :ride: Damn that gotta really suck :thumbsup: Once again the landing was way to narrow and if the rider would back out and not jump with the windy conditins like that, then everything would have been fine.