Sign in to follow this  

Hanging idle!!!

Just installed my fcr-mx on my drz per burneds specs and the performance compared to the stock carb is unbelievable. the only problem im having is with the idle if i turn the idle up to where it should be the rpms hang and then drop to normal. if i back the idle off enough to keep the rpms from hanging it wont idle. i have a 45 pilot and setting it by ear it seems best at about 2.75 turns out. i hate to bother everyone but im going crazy looking through all the forums by searches especially when i keep getting booted off. emn 3rd pos 45 pilot 155 main 200 main air 100 pilot air float 9mm. Whatayathink!!!

just went out and checked for vacume leaks. sprayed some starting fluid around carb,boot no rpm change. when i rev the bike the rpms hang for a second or so and then drop to a nice idle. i did just notice i think the hanging started to get worse as the bike warmed up more. thanks for the help!!!

Ive tried that probably 10 times over i do realize im a .25 over on fuel screw but i do have a 45 pilot and dont want to change it if i dont need to. My fingers are raw from adjusting that fuel screw w/ my home made screwdriver guess i need to get an extended one. nothing ever seems to go easy for me so i really apreciate the help!!!

It starts to stumble then i back it off. I start to think i got it then it changes. But inbetween talking to i think i discovered something. i installed an e petcock on my s and eliminated the vacume hose. Is that also the vent which i wont have now because of my cap. i opened my cap and it seems worlds better already. could i have been vaporlocking and if so how do i vent tank, e cap dont fit unfourtanatly. hope maybe this is it!!!

well so much for my vapor lock theroy it didnt change anything, like i said i make some adjustments i think im close then its way off again only the idle though! back to youre original question. starting @ 2 turns out iturn in it starts to lwer rpm by about 1 turn out it stalls! sorry about the bad info.

Thanks ed, im going to the tt store right now and ordering a 48 pilot and an extended fuel screw thanks again for all the help!!!!!!!!