Sign in to follow this  

Houston Guys

A co-worker I ride with that lives up in Kingwood mentioned something about riding during the holiday. We'll probably end up at 3 Palms or Splendora. I've got to go to a family reunion way up in Kilgore one day but haven't found out yet which day they are planning to have it. Will check back with you when I get more details.

Looks like some of my buds and I are going to 3 trees Sunday. Could be 5 or 6 of us. Or 2 or 3. Maybe 4, I'm not sure. Definately gonna ride though.

Hey Jbird...I'm sure you'll be scouting some riding areas up there in the Kilgore area while you're there, right? Best part is, if you have family up there, maybe they'll let us camp out in their backyard if we drive all the way up there to ride,huh? LOL

Hippie >>>>sends

Unfortunately, most of my relatives are the quad people who buy the biggest quad they can get so they can put the largest cooler box on it and go out to the middle of nowhere to get falling down drunk. There's usually firearms and other bad things involved in these trips. Not that alcohol, falling down drunk, or firearms are a bad thing; they just aren't a good mix. :ride::applause:

There have to be some great places up there to ride and I've got relatives that would actually let us stay in the house. There are a couple of MX tracks in the area and I know they are always taking about some trails by a river. I'll see what I can find out. This trip up there will probably only be a day trip. I'm hoping my suspension for my AF will be done by that weekend and I want to take it out to 3 Palms or Splendora. :thumbsup:

I know this is a stupid reply and apologize for not getting back to you earlier; but the folks I ride with finally decided on Splendora tomorrow (Monday) about half an hour ago. The plan is to get there around 9:00 - 9:30 tomorrow morning. I don't know why it takes until the last moment to agree on a spot, but this is usually the case. If you can't make it but would like to go out somewhere this coming week or weekend, let me know. So far, I don't have to go out of town this next week; my project in CA postponed.