Sign in to follow this  

Rowher Flats this weekend?

I'm a moderate rider lookin to pop the cherry on my '06 WR250 this Saturday (26th) either at Rowher Flats or Hungry Valley? Anyone up for it?

Chris

BB- Sorry can't go (to Rowher) this weekend but maybe soon we could get put together an early morning group ride? Good luck with the WR :thumbsup:

BB, I'd like to hit rowher with you this weekend but I'm suffering the red sticker blues with my 03 wr. I can go but I'll have to ride the XR. I live in the area so let me know where and time to stage area. Oh, I'd better check with the better half before I commit. I'll know tonight. I'll PM my cell # tonight when I know.

No problem. I don't think it will be too early, because I have to pick up my bike from the shop Sat morn. (Had a minor problem getting the infamous metal tube off the engine for the AIS removal). I was hoping to go straight shortly after I pick it up, but I may try to make arrangements to pick it up sometime during this week.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

Let me know what time you are meeting and where you are staging. I am going to try and make the ride on sat.

red sticker is ok on the back side of the ridge and in the drinkwater flats area on the other side of boquet canyon. if you stage on boquet you will be ok as long as you have a spark arrester. ill probably be out there saturday morning so let me know when and where you staging and ill try to meet up with you guys

I don't know the area that well, so I'm just going to stage at the main staging area off the entrance road from Sierra Hwy. Saddog is going to meet me there at around 8:30. If you can't meet use there then maybe we can ride out and meet you somewhere else.

I'm pretty excited about riding with you guys.... I've been getting kinda tired of riding by myself.

Let me know.

Chris

red sticker is ok on the back side of the ridge and in the drinkwater flats area on the other side of boquet canyon. if you stage on boquet you will be ok as long as you have a spark arrester. ill probably be out there saturday morning so let me know when and where you staging and ill try to meet up with you guys
I'm riding out of San Fransquito Cyn at 7:00 AM. Black Tundra, 03 WR.

BB, I'd like to hit rowher with you this weekend but I'm suffering the red sticker blues with my 03 wr. I can go but I'll have to ride the XR. I live in the area so let me know where and time to stage area. Oh, I'd better check with the better half before I commit. I'll know tonight. I'll PM my cell # tonight when I know.

oR YOU CAN HIT pIRU :thumbsup::ride:

I never heard of Rowher Flats, where is it located? anywhere near the Victorille area?

I never heard of Rowher Flats, where is it located? anywhere near the Victorille area?
Is just north of Santa Clarita. You can access rowher from Bouquet Cyn or Sierra Hwy. Some folks call it Texas Cyn. Drink Water Flats is west of rowher just over the ridge. Try it, you'll like it.

oR YOU CAN HIT pIRU :thumbsup::ride:
hUH? pIRU? You cAN rIDE tHERE? dO yOU nEEd a sPARK aRRESTOR? I'll be at the track as soon as my bro heals from his ACL reconstruction. I need someone to scoop me off the track when I bail. Peace out Big D.

I'm riding out of San Fransquito Cyn at 7:00 AM. Black Tundra, 03 WR.

ill try to meet you there ill be in a grey chevy silverado with a crf450.

you going to be at the drinkwater staging area?

hUH? pIRU? You cAN rIDE tHERE? dO yOU nEEd a sPARK aRRESTOR? I'll be at the track as soon as my bro heals from his ACL reconstruction. I need someone to scoop me off the track when I bail. Peace out Big D.

We'll hit it for sure when he's ready!! :thumbsup: have fun this weekend!

Yes! 7:00 AM

I will be riding in Hungry Valley Sat. AM with my brother. He is a real novice. I think he has spent about an hour on my XR500 once. I stage some where on the right side at the 2nd large developed area. wht S10 XR400, & XR500 (AKA 300LB iron Pig). We will see if us old farts can ride!

I didn't know you had a CRF450. Did you go back and pull that one out that went over the side? :thumbsup:

Old Farts are always the BEST riders, I always feel bad when I get done riding with the old guys. They just plain rip. I think they know that death is coming soon so they don't give a shit and they go nuts.