Sign in to follow this  

extremely lightweight 386 lbs!

I was in the BMW dealership a month ago. The sales guys were hitting me up and this one guy say's "so what do you think? Do you want to take one home?" I didn't tell him I thought it was really ugly, but I did say that I fall over about once a month. And i just couldn't see myself falling over on a $20,000 motorcycle. Especially with thoses cylinder heads hanging out. You would have to take out a 2nd on the home to pay for the damages. I wonder how it will fare in the Paris to Dakar?

:thumbsup:

nice, i would consider the bike, but i only have 100 more payments on my drz. :ride:

I'll take neither of them thanks.

my old boss just 'had' to have the first BMW........still not impressed.

btw, the drz weighs 291 dry

Forget that BMW tank, how 'bout this sweet looking alternative?

Sweet looking :thumbsup: ? I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me they're both fugly! The Buell weighs alot more than the Bimmer, but at least is has way less travel. Here's another ugly but goodie, I saw one cruising through my neighborhood today. I didn't know they were out yet.

http://www.ktm950superenduror.com/

My riding is dirt and a little road but mostly dirt, dirt and well, dirt.

So why would one want or need 1200cc or more than say 50hp in a dirt bike?

This would cause serious traction control problems in the wet and/or dusty powder.

BMW were making a 650cc "dirt" or dual sport bike which didn't have the boxer motor but vertical piston/s, what happened to that Mr Bavarian Motor Works?

They have the Bimmer discounted to $17,000 around here, still more than I paid for my last car.

Pretty wild bike. Those jugs hanging out there are scary aren't they?

All those bikes are too huge to ride offroad (for me anyway).

A V twin TransAlp would be cool tho. Very smooth on the road, lots of torque and not that overly heavy.

They are still hot items all over the world, except in the US. We are hooked on MX and Sportbikes.