Sign in to follow this  

Clutch Problems - YZ250F '06

I asked about this same problem a month ago or so...but here I am again...aarrggh! New Bike 3/17/06 - not many hours on it, just break in and some practice, changed the oil/filter regularly. First race in June - clutch blew apart. I got dealer to agree to labor to tear down entire motor and clean (since they were installing recall Intake Valves anyway), I paid for new clutch parts. Took about a month before I got bike back (waiting for recall parts). One race (3rd place outta 22), some practice, changed the oil -- another race a week ago, clutch started to fail, got off the track and could smell burnt clutch. Before I go ape shit on Yamaha - IS ANYONE ELSE (stilll) HAVING THIS PROBLEM?? I read similar complaints before, and I want to get as much feedback (good and bad) as I can. HELP!

Well, I don't own a '06 yz250f but can you tell us what exactly happened to the clutch, what clutch componets broke, and what all did the Yamaha dealership replace.

You should try a Yamaha GYTR clutch... they are supposed to be much better. I have one in my 06YZ450 and its working great. The stock clutch didn't last very long at all, maybe 5hrs.

You should try a Yamaha GYTR clutch... they are supposed to be much better. I have one in my 06YZ450 and its working great. The stock clutch didn't last very long at all, maybe 5hrs.

That's pretty damn bad if thats true...my clutch is great, working fine, and working just as good as day one. I have over 40 hours on my bike too.

I never did get back to thank you for your input. Yea, I put in aftermarket parts and bored-out the flow holes in the clutch plate, runs like a champ now - what a difference! Love the bike again. FYI, I posted this same inquiry on 'dirt rider' msg board -- all I got back was a bunch of wise a** remarks about 'try letting go of the clutch'. Thumper gave me a lot of great feedback...way to go!

is it your style of riding that is maybe messing it up, i have had my bike since they came out and race it just about every weekend and practice and still have the stock clutch in it..with no problems

I never did get back to thank you for your input. Yea, I put in aftermarket parts and bored-out the flow holes in the clutch plate, runs like a champ now - what a difference! Love the bike again. FYI, I posted this same inquiry on 'dirt rider' msg board -- all I got back was a bunch of wise a** remarks about 'try letting go of the clutch'. Thumper gave me a lot of great feedback...way to go!

So did you end up going with the GYTR?